21- Echoes of Misfortune

Start from the beginning

Sikandar- "Kaun hai in sab ke peeche. Woh police Wale kutte hai! Kis kutte ki majal ki woh Sher ke saamne khada ho?"

"ACP Arjun Suryakant Rawte."

Suddenly gunshots rung in the air as men dressed in uniform filled the dark basement.

Hundreds of men covered Sikandar in a bid to save him from the police and in return put their own lives on stake. Just like they had been trained to do.

And then Sikandar spotted him. Clad in a khaki wardi,adorning the stars of bravery on his shoulder and the logo of Indian government on his head. He resembled similar to others yet his eyes burning with righteousness and justice marked a stark contrast from others. He held up his left hand and the gunshots ceased.

Arjun- "Apne aap ko kanoon ke hawale kar do,Sikandar. Ab bhagne ka koi fayda nahi hai."

He spoke with utmost confidence, his gun permanently drawn out. His observant eyes searched for Sikandar. Without missing his target, they landed straight on him. He looked at him in the eye.

Arjun- "Mai yaha tumse baat kar raha hu aur sheher me tumhare sabhi adde jal ke raakh ho rahe hai. Surrender or die."

Sikandar- "Tujhse Teri zindagi ki saari khushiyan cheen lunga Arjun Suryakant Rawte. Tere hasne ki har ek wajah, tujhse pyaar karne wala har ek insaan, tera jeevan puri tarah se khokla karke rakh dunga."

Arjun pushed the trigger and the man shifted in an attempt to dodge it. The loud boom of the gunshot filled the entire room as the bullet pierced it's target's arm. 

The men turned shield lead him out of the basement safely as the police dealer with the firing that followed.

Arjun- "Usse ek kharoch aur nahi aani chahiye,Sikandar warna jaan le lunga mai Teri."

Sikandar smirked- "Ha? Mai toh Darr Gaya!"

Arjun- "Kya chahta hai tu? Kyun aaya hai waapis?"

Sikandar's expressions darkened- "Badla! Saalon pehle teri wajah se Puri duniya ke saamne meri takat,meri izzat, sab kuch tut gaya. Aaj jab main phir se kamyabi ki uchaiya chune wala hu toh socha tujhe Teri aukat yaad dila du. Phir se."

Arjun completely ignored his rant and looked at Arni.A thin stream of blood was running out of her mouth and her eyes were drowsy. Yet the pain and fear in them was not lost to him.

Sikandar- "Aulad baap ka guroor hoti hai na? Main tera guroor todunga Aaj. Jo log Teri bahaduri ke kisse sunate hai woh Teri barbadi ke kisse sunayenge. Woh dekho ACP Arjun Suryakant Rawte jiski patni aur baccho ko Sikandar ne maar diya."

Arjun and Arni's eyes had already met by that time. Arjun signalled her to use her elbow to hit him on the torso. Just like he had taught her during those morning jogs turned defense sessions.

Arjun distracted him- "Lagta hai dimaag kharab ho gaya hai tumhara. Yaha tum meri ek bacchi ko bhi kuch nahi kar paoge aur baccho ki baat kar rahe ho?"

Arni mustered all her courage and strength and hit him with her elbow. That was a risky move but apparently the only way out. The differences in their heights made Sikandar lose his grip at the sudden assault and Arni ran towards Arjun. 

Arjun himself took several steps forward and and caught Arni in his arms. He immediately hid her behind him.

Sikandar who was on the ground laughed madly.

Sikandar- "Taras aata hai mujhe tumpe, ACP. Yaad Karo tumhari beewi ne uss din kyun tumhe Ghar bulaya tha. Koi surprise Dene wali thi tumhe. Pura Ghar saja ke rakha tha."