"Hope" Pond

Giyuu walked through the forest as he hummed a tune his sister once sung him.. he had no missions since Sanemi and Shinobu had been taking most of the small missions.

Thankfully, the battle against uppermoon 6 had made the demons go quiet for a while.. still, some demons were doing everything they could to get the open rank.

Giyuu stumbled upon a few demons on his walk before reaching a pond surrounded by wisteria trees. The tree's were planted by old swordsmen that treasured the spot..

The spot was pretty popular amongst the demon slayers since the first uppermoon was killed beside the pond. Therefore, the pond received the name "hope".

During the day, many slayers came to talk with the pond, it seemed stupid, but it was very calming.. it had a very beautiful scenery as a few fishes lived there. The slayers spoke to the pond in hope that it'll bless them with luck before a mission.

Giyuu sat near the pond, he never thought he'd speak to some gallons of water.. but here he was.

He was starting to feel grateful that Kanao hadn't accompanied him since it would've been embarrassing, but he knew she would never judge him, she would've probably also spoken to the pond.

Giyuu sat near some flowers that were blooming beside the pond. He took a deep breath before speaking.

GT: "Uhm.."

Giyuu stopped talking and opened his eyes with a weird look. He seemed embarrassed about talking to a pond.. but after a few minutes he started feeling relaxed by the scenery.. it was almost hypnotizing..

GT: "I... I really miss him..."

Giyuu gripped onto his pants.. he did his best to maintain a straight face as he stared at the water.

GT: "I miss Rengoku.. I miss how cheerful he was.. I miss how stupidly loud he was, I miss his handsome face, I miss his aura, I miss his presence... Why'd he have to turn into a demon?.."

Giyuu's rant went on for a few more minutes.. the pond was too beautiful it made Giyuu not notice the pair of eyes staring at him..

A demon was watching Giyuu. The demon had a Kanji engraved in his eyes reading "uppermoon 6"..

The demon duo who once held the rank of upper 6 had barely been defeated... And now another demon took their rank. That would mean that the demon who replaced Daki and Gyutaro was powerful.

The demon slowly walked to Giyuu.. it ignored the stinging of the wisteria trees, it was painful to walk through them, but their interest on the hashira made them ignore the pain.

The demon was now being hit by the moonlight.. it was soon visible who that demon was..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~🎀~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'M SO SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPLOADING THESE PAST FEW DAYS.. I'VE BEEN CAUGHT UP IN MY QUINCE PLANNING ND I HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO UPDATE MY STORIES..