"Okay...um.. don't pressurise him in any way. And he's dodging my calls so I have to tell you..."

      "What are you guys fighting about anyway?"

      Dhruv started his car, and while he was doing that, she was silent but he knew she was there.

     "It's a snowball of things but right now it happened because Khushi had asked him for money and he gave it to her. It was deposit for the venue. I asked it back from her. She gave it back. He came to know and he was angry, he called me heartless and said that I should have some pity for my own sister –"

       Dhruv said nothing for a beat, "I'm sorry that you guys sucked into it."

     "He's right. But Khushi is not a child anymore. Her behaviour is getting more and more erratic. I love her. But she makes me so mad sometimes. Ugh...I know I'm being too harsh on her but I just want her to be happy."

     "I understand." He said. He understood because a part of him was still mad at her. But a smaller part of him was empathetic to her condition and he took in many ways wanted her to be happy.

     ***

       When he knocked on the hotel room door, he couldn't open it. Viren who was with him, used his master key.

      The room was dark and Viren switched on the lights.

     "What the hell? Who -?" Veer stormed towards them and he looked like hell. He had a beard and his hair was a mess.

    "Both of you. Get out." He pointed his finger to him and Viren.

   Viren only strolled to the couch and sat, "This is my hotel. I'm not getting out."

      "I pay for this suite!"

      "Can you guys chill?" He tried to pacify them.

      "Oh look who's back? It's Mr. Run away when he has a minor problem!" Veer jeered at him.

   Dhruv only tightened his jaw controlling his irritation.

     "Aren't you doing the same?" Viren asked with a smirk.

     "How can you say that?! You know it's not!" Veer stomped on his feet.

      "My guy, are you ready to talk about it like a man? Because we're here to help." Viren said.

    Dhruv was glad that Viren had some knocked some sense into Veer because he was sure they were another fist fight. Who would've thought that Viren would end up being the maturer person between them? The guy who married a woman for money? Dhruv wondered.

      "Sit. Talk." Viren ordered. And they both did take seats on different couches.

      "You're getting married in two weeks." Viren said to Veer. "Are you sure you want to ruin this and not marry? What are you going to do? Jilt Janvi at the mandap?"

       Veer's face fell, "Ofcourse I wouldn't do that. But understand this too, yaar. Do you know how it feels to be after this?" He made a gesture in Dhruv's general direction.

     "I do know, actually. He was very much actively pursuing Aghanya too. Yaar, what's the point of being jealous of her past? It's done. Their relationship has changed now." Viren argued.

       "Like I'm handsome, I know –" Dhruv started.

      Viren cut him off.  "Just shut up, you're making it worse."

      "It's not even about that. She took back the money that I gave Khushi. Khushi really needed it for her research and rent. She's literally homeless now."

        Dhruv then realised the enormity of his actions. What he had thought of as petty revenge had far serious ramifications. Khushi had needed that funding.

      "But Khushi was the one who gave it back na?" Viren argued

       "Woh sab thik hai, that's right. But, I'm irritated at how she treats Khushi. Khushi is her sister, is she not? "

     "Sisters fight and they make up. They act catty and still care for each other. You care for her as a brother which is different. Why can't you understand that, Veer? Janvi might not show that she loves Khushi but she does love her."

      Veer didn't say anything but groaned. "Are we going to let him go scot free? He's the reason why this is happening!"

   Dhruv gasped dramatically. "How am I at fault?!"

     "Okay chill drama queens." Viren said.

     Veer stood up and frantically pointed at him, "He was the one who left and then cut everyone off. Because of which Janvi and Khushi fought."

      "I didn't leave for no reason!" He stood up too and roared.

      "Arey bhai! Both of you stop yaar!" Viren stood too trying to intervene.

      "Oh pray tell! Why did you prance half way across the world then?!" Veer squeaked.

       "BECAUSE I OVERHEARD YOU ALL TALKING ABOUT ME!"

      There was a stunned silence but Dhruv couldn't stay patient anymore.

"That's right! I heard you talking about how you pitied me! How much sorry you felt for me! And don't lie that it wasn't a jab at my masculinity because it was! Because Neeta did that to me, I was suddenly weak!"

       He panted and stepped back, brushing his hair away from his face.

      "No one questioned your masculinity, Dhruv." Veer said.

      "Oh f*ck you! You all have! Right from school! You have! And you have too! And Siddharth too!" He spat.

       "It was a joke." Viren's voice was soft.

      "It's not a joke! And while we're at it gentleman! I get the hots for women and men too! Do that with what you will!"

    He stormed out of the room and took a taxi home because he was too angry.

***

A/N: Okay I got diagnosed and I have depression officially but good news is I'm on meds now and it's been good.

Vote and comment and follow me on insta (@sweet_shakkar)