Chapter 44

@DoctorGodoy :you ask, I give. Here's some more!

** before anyone starts to think Drac is safe because this is Disney, fair warning, I have killed off my own OC's before, just a warning. **

Chapter 44

"Drac!" he heard his sister's voice call through the fog in his head. It was weak like she was far away. "Drac!"

But he was too taken by the trance to acknowledge her cries. He stepped forward as Jay, Evie and Carlos' shouts added to Mal's but they all grew dimmer in his ears. Without even thinking it, his arm began to rise, he stretched out his hand toward the sharp spindle at the end of the wheel. It was a perfect point, sleek and elegant in its own way.

"Drac!" he heard CJ's voice call as Mal shouted.

"Don't touch anything!" his sister's warning echoed.

His feet paused, his fingers bent away and he started to pull his hand back.

"Touch the spindle." A voice said from behind him as Audrey stood there holding the scepter as the Dragon's Egg glowed. She watched Drac staring at the wheel, the reflection of the spindle shining in his eyes. "DO IT!"

- - LONG LIVE EVIL - -

The small space between her gloves and her sleeves was getting cut and pricked endlessly, making fresh stings as Mal pushed herself forward. The thorns began to grow wider apart making it easier for her and the others as they hurried. Finally she broke through to a clearing but dug her heels into the dirt as she came to a sudden halt. Ben almost slammed into her back as the others caught up. Each gasped when they saw what was awaiting them.

Audrey stood with a wide smile on her face as she chuckled darkly. "You really thought you could stop me? Pitiful."

"Where's Drac?" Carlos demanded.

"What did you do to my brother?" Mal asked with worry obvious on her face. She took a step forward but Ben grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

Audrey laughed again. "He's right here."

And with a flick of her wrist she pulled back her shredded black cape and they got a clear view of Drac. He was laying with his back to them, one arm landed straight above his head and they could see a bright red drop of blood that had trailed down from the pad of his finger down to his palm. Evie brought a hand to her mouth while Mal's rested over her heart as her jaw dropped. Drac wasn't moving and she couldn't even see if he was breathing. Ben's hold on her tightened. Jay glared at Audrey as she laughed but it was CJ who let out a vicious growl and lunged for her. Harry was quick to run after his sister, but when Audrey vanished in another puff of smoke CJ landed on nothing but the dirt.

Ben let go of Mal once he was sure Audrey was gone and immediately she rushed to her brother and collapsed onto her knees beside him.

"Drac. Drac." She wept as she shook him but got no response. CJ joined her but only ran her fingers through his hair with the deepest sadness in her eyes that Harry had ever seen.

"He'll be alright." Ben said from behind them, though he sounded like he was trying to convince himself as well. "True love's kiss breaks the spell right? Like it did with Aurora?"

Tears ran down Evie's face as she lowered her hand and shook her head. "That only worked because Merriweather changed the curse. Maleficent wasn't trying to put Aurora to sleep. Her original curse was –"

"Death." Mal choked out as she began to sob. She leaned forward onto Drac's shoulder as she broke completely and cried her eyes out.

- - LONG LIVE EVIL - -