Chapter 6: Angry boy appears

Tensions were still high with Hikaru's actions shown on the scene, but he didn't regret the actions that he had taken at the moment. It only felt right to him that he should send of the demon's spirit or soul or whatever into the afterlife. He hadn't known anything about said demon, only that they were a demon that tried to eat him. But that didn't change the fact that the demon had once been human. With the number of demons there was, Hikaru didn't believe that all of them had chosen to become Demons which meant that there were some that were probably only doing their best to survive. Of course, that wouldn't stop him from being a Demon Slayer which was kind of hypocritical of him, but he would rather have them pass onto the next life then continue to damage their souls by murdering humans.
      'Wait... How do I know that the demons killing humans are damaging their souls' Hikaru thought. He had no idea where the thought had come from, only that he knew for sure that it was the truth.
      "Such a kind child" Himejima said with his hands together in prayer again.
      "I can understand all of your hatred towards Demons, and I am not going to try and change your mind, but I would prefer if you gave me the same respect" Hikaru said. There were a few tongues clicks but all of them decided in the end that no one should have someone else's views pushed on them without permission.
      "A-After the F-Final S-Selection, what h-h-happens?" Zenitsu asked Tanjiro quietly so that the others couldn't hear him.
      "We headed back to Urokodaki's house and waited for our swords to arrive. Oh, and after that we went on separate missions" Tanjiro said, his eyebrows frowned as he remembered the shape that Hikaru had been in when they had met again after separating for their missions.
      "D-D-Demons! We're g-going to see m-more demons!" Zenitsu sobbed getting a few looks of confusion. Nezuko on the other hand reached out and gently patted Zenitsu's hair like Tanjiro would do to her sometimes.
      "Nezuko-chan" Zenitsu swooned, and Tanjiro was quick to hide his little sister behind him as Zenitsu tried to hug her. Before it could once more turn into a large-scale game of tag the viewing began again.

      I didn't have time to worry about Tanjiro anymore as I continued to get attack, even if there was another person around the demons would always come after me.

      When Tamayo saw the viewing, she couldn't help but frown a little.
      "Demons went after you even when they had already targeted someone else?" Tamayo asked.
      "Isn't that how they all react to Marechi's? All Demons will choose to go after a Marechi if given the choice" Sanemi scoffed. He had used that to his advantage many times.
      "It's true if they are given the choice, they will choose a Marechi but some of these Demons are already in the middle of devouring someone. In a normal situation they would finish that before going towards the Marechi" Tamayo explained.
      "Could it be because of how low level they are?" Rengoku questioned.
      "I don't think so" Tamayo said with a shake of her head.
      "Let's just add it to the pile of questions that we are hoping to get the answers for" Tanjiro said.
      'How many Demons was that now?' Muichirou thought as he tried to keep track of how many demons Hikaru was shown to slay.

      It got even worse when the next night it began to rain but I wasn't about to let that stop me, I had to survive, and I had to find a way to get Nezuko back to being a human. Every demon that tried to attack me always called me a Marechi and in turn I tried to get them to reveal what a Marechi was or if they knew how to turn a demon back into a human. Of course, I never got an answer since they were too busy trying to devour me and because of the sheer number that were targeting me I had to use the day times to not only rest but also to wrap up any injuries I had sustained.

      "Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm surprised that more people didn't survive since a lot of Demons came towards me" Hikaru said and Ubuyashiki nodded.
      "Yes, it is surprising. Unfortunately, we can't change the past so all we can do is give our thanks to dead and remember their sacrifice" he said and Himejima was once more muttering a prayer.
      "How injured did you end up while doing this?" Giyuu asked. He remembered his own injured, if he hadn't gotten injury maybe he could have... It was no point continuing that thought.
      "A few cuts, bruises and scrapes here and there but I figured if they were reacting to me like that because of my blood it was best to stop bleeding everywhere" Hikaru said.
      "I see" Giyuu nodded.