Chapter 3 ~ " I'm not coming"

~Dalton's Pov~

I stood there, out my balcony. Watching people in a distance roaming around and moving like little ants here and there down below me .My hand in my pocket as the other held a bottle of whiskey. " Why Anne ! Why? " I took another gulp of the bitter drink as it ran down my throat. I didn't understand why I was so in love with this girl , Why I was hoping there could be a second chance , I didn't understand why she wasn't hurting like I was , why? Did she not love me ?. Was she here for my money?. While I kept thinking about all of it, I heard my phone ring . Feeling sorry for myself, I couldn't man up . Hell ! Not when it came to love . I could help but feel helpless  "Yeah? " I answered I didn't even bother to look who was calling.

" Where the hell are you? We're all waiting for you to get your ass here ! " Shit... I forgot about the dinner. " I'm not coming" I said. I didn't want to go . Not at this point. Not in this condition either.
" Listen tell mom and dad I won't be there okay? I've got work to do. " the person laughed over the phone. I immediately knew it was my sister Clara. She was one year older than me, married and with two kids who are overseas for better education. " What happened Dal? You never use the term work as an excuse for missing dinner, so what happened ? "  Damn I hated her for that. She knew me so well, she knew me inside and out. I could never lie to her . Not even once, ever since we were kids she always knew when I was lying about something. Until now it hasn't changed.  " Don't worry about it Clara. I'll deal with it." She was making noises as if she was trying to look at my condition and face over the phone, as if she was trying to figure something out.

Before she said anything else I hung up the phone and threw it on the bed . I was hurting like hell , I didn't want to talk to anyone at all . I looked at my bottle and it was empty. " Great! Now what? "
I threw the bottle away . Suddenly It reminded me of my best pal Travis. He was probably out there sleeping with girls and riping them off their panties , and virginities . I threw myself on the bed , But still all I kept seeing was Anne . " Fuck ! What has she done to me ? " I turned to face the ceiling and just stared at it. Hoping to fall asleep and forget about Anne, instead another thought occurred to me, the girl in the Norfolk dress. " I wonder what her name is " I blurted out. She was not listening in class today, she was lost in her thoughts, and then she was smiling to herself down the hallway today.

I'm still curious. Was she going through the same shit I was going through ? Speaking of shit. My mind flashed back onto the couple I'd almost hit today. For a moment there I felt a little guilty. What if I'd actually done so ? I'd have left one of them in griev for their lover . Was that what I wanted? To make people's lives miserable. I let out a weary sigh and covered myself with a blanket. I didn't even have appetite. Peaking out the open balcony, it was already dark. I haven't even noticed. I tried shutting my eyes to rest . I had to get Anne off my mind and heart.  I had to let go.

**********************
Sorry for the short Chapter , but I had to because I needed to get back to Tyler.

🩷I hope you understand 🩷

Looking forward for your comments and votes .😊