6. The Memory

.

The next day, Taze was a whole new person - or so it seemed.

He didn't bother Celia at all, and even glared at her as he entered the class. The look in his green eyes made her shiver slightly, and he moved past her as if she was invisible, which made her a bit annoyed.

An elderly old woman entered the class to teach 'Theories of Basic Light Magic', and Celia stole a backward glance at Taze.

His expression was blank and his eyes were cold, boldly eyeing her with a curious look, but he never said a word to her, telepathy or otherwise.

'Tch! That's how I prefer it!' She thought scathingly. 'This way, I don't have to bother with him!'

'I won't bother with you either.' A calm voice replied, and her eyes widened with surprise.

It was clearly Taze's voice, but smooth and deep... Almost as if he aged overnight, and Celia found herself awash with his aura, except it didn't feel as pleasant as usual.

She mostly felt anger... Lots of Anger! And it took everything in her power to stop herself from looking at him, as she pretending to read her book.

~"You can hear my thoughts!"~ She accused through telepathy.

~"Only when you're foolishly projecting them,"~ He replied, his mental voice calm and collected.

~"Let me warn you. I might seem like a different person after a while, and I might even approach you, but ignore me. Don't show me even the least bit of attention. You're right in avoiding that idiot, but you should avoid me even more..."~

Celia's head spun as her mind tried to process Taze's words.

But just then, there was a sudden bang as Taze's head hit his desk, like he had been dozing off.

The entire class laughed as he awoke with a confused look, and he scratched his head nervously.

"Ehehe, sorry, sorry." He waved an apology at the class.

"Young Master Nowen! Family background will not excuse you sleeping in my class!" The elderly lady scolded, throwing a book at him, which hit the top of his head, making the class laugh even more.

Taze grinned at Celia and winked, indeed seeming like a completely different person!

But something else bothered Celia.

'His family name is 'Nowen'??!!'

.

.

After the Class, Celia left in a hurry, now more determined to avoid Taze!

'Nowen?!' Her mind raged with unanswered questions.

'Nowen' was the surname of the Royal family.

A name only known to the Royal family and a few select others, as the royals usually answered their first names.

The current king was simply known as King Vien. Celia always knew Vitav as 'Prince Vitav', and the Crown Prince was always known as 'Crown Prince Tazeus'.

This way, no mage could ever use the royal family name for any spells or curses, and Celia had only learned the name 'Nowen', at she and Vitav's wedding, where the grand mage used a spell to reveal it to her!

'How is there a royal in Elfsworth Academy?' She mused.

'Is Taze related to Prince Vitav?!!' Celia slipped away from the crowd, and down a few abandoned corridors, finally entering an empty classroom.

Taze had also said , ' ...avoiding that idiot...'

Did he somehow know she was trying to avoid Prince Vitav?!