EPILOGUE → "ADELINE'S DIARY ENTRY."

EPILOGUE → "ADELINE'S DIARY ENTRY"

EPILOGUE "ADELINE'S DIARY ENTRY"

Date: December 14, 2149.

Dear Diary,

Today was the day. The day I would go into the Maze.  It came by a surprise to me, too. I'd simply been told that my departure date into the Maze was undetermined. I've been notified on what my position in this part of the Maze Trials is, and I have some minor doubts on the success of this.

Mainly, because I would remember nothing of this plan.

For a year, I've watched my closest friends disappear. One after another, sent into the Maze. A big group to start with, then one by one like clockwork. But now, it's my turn. They'd start by giving me "The Swipe" by erasing all my memory of my past life; my childhood, my family. I'd remember my name only. And the faces of my closest friends will be unrecognizable. I'd only know their names, and not remember my friendships with them before I wake up again. The one I care most about wont remember me, and I simply won't remember him. I still remember when he was sent up; I remember him saying goodbye to me. And that was it. He was gone.

Matt will come up a month after me. He's important to my arrival in the Trials. But that's another story.

Best wishes,

Adeline.