48. Hello Rosie! - 4

Start from the beginning

"They're dancing along, they're singing her song!"

"Surprised? Why, I knew she could do it all along." I snort a bit at his sentence. I can absolutely bet that's a lie.

"She's bound to pass the test as Princess of Hell. Like her Daddy she is madly power-fell!" They both sing, dancing as they pass by me. Just as they stop and Alastor looks at Charlie with malice, Rosie pulls me to her side with a smile.

"She's filled with potential that I could guide."

"I concur!"

"Stick with her, you'll be on the winning side!" I sing with them again, smiling proudly at my blonde friend as we all walk near her, singing along with the crowd.

"For the first time in our lives we know that we are ready for this."

"We'll show heaven a fight they won't forget!" Rosie sings encouragingly.

"It's time to take a stand!"

"It is time to lend a hand!"

"Huzzah!" The cannibals scream, holding actual hands up. I reach for one of them to eat it just for my arm to be slapped by Rosie again, stopping me.

"Against the angels and their deadly threat!"

"We cannot take it anymore. The time has come to go to war. Prepare to fight, we're ready for..." Susan nods in approval as I send her a glare, trying to walk by her as Rosie stops me, the whole group leaving both of us behind as I stare at her confused.
"THIS!"

"I really hope that I'm ready for this..." Charlie ends the song, and I watch as they leave me behind just a bit, sending Rosie a weirded out look.

"What's wrong? I need to leave with them!"

"You know the path to the hotel well enough, dear. But we need to talk for a bit." She smiles softly at my small pout, leading me to a nearby bench.

"About what? I know, I left and I'm sorry, but-" I sit by her, and she stops me from further apologising.

"That's not it, dear. I just thought you were comfortable staying here?" She tilts her head with furrowed brows, looking concerned and I scoff.

"I mean, you left me taking care of the problematic side of the town." She smirks at the mention, raising a brow silently and I explain further, kinda pissedly but not really meaning it.
"You know me! The problem wasn't the running away from cannibals -I can get used to that, as shitty as it might be-, the real deal was who lived there." She then deadpans at me, and I sigh.
"Don't look at me like that."

"You're telling me you left because you were Susan's neighbour?" She asks for confirmation and I point at her accusingly at the mention.

"Listen, that bitch is the worst. Maybe in the extermination she will-"

"Alright, alright I get it!" She giggles at me, and I turn around to see the large group of cannibals and Charlie basically gone by now, yet Alastor seems to be waiting for me, just not too close so he gives us some privacy.

"Was that all? Radio shit over there seems impatient." I point out, and she chuckles, making me look back at her again.

"Nuh uh, young boy. You're yet to spill the tea."

"What?"

"Who is it?" She asks knowingly, and I feel my cheeks go red at the mention, trying to hide them while nervously staring in between her and the waiting Overlord.

"W-What do you mean? I-"

"Come on! You can't hide that from me. I know it's not easy for you to just care about people you meet so soon. It's just been a couple months! And you seem close to the princess. So, who did you meet too, hm? Any boy I must know about?" She asks excitedly, taking my hands in hers for me to spill the gossip as I try looking everywhere but to her void eyes.

"I don't know what you mean!" I try pulling my hands away to no avail, but she finally loosens her grip a bit with a giggle. I don't take my hands away though, huffing with a blush.
"You're the worst."

"Oh you love me dear, that's okay. But you know what? You go there, eat some angels with the guys you like and come back here to tell me about the feast, yeah?"

"Rosie!! I don't like them!"

"Sure you don't, dear~!"

***

"So? How'd it go?" The Radio Demon asks me as I finally approach him, kicking some rock on the ground with a huge blush as we walk back to the hotel.

"She likes gossip too much." A small laughing track is heard as he chuckles, ruffling my hair softly.

"So do you, dear. Don't act like you don't."

***

(A/N: augh I love writing platonic friendships and character dynamics)