" Never insert yourself into your friends relationship problems. Cause one of two things gone happen. Either your friend gone get mad at you, and stop talking to you or it ain't gone do nothing, but make yo friend wanna be with him even more. It never goes the way you want it to go. So, my advice to you is just let Tori decide when she's had enough, and when she's ready to leave."

I nodded my head understanding what she was saying.

" But anyways, what's been going on with you? How's your love life going? Any new prospects on the roster?"

" Now you know the answer to that." I said causing her to raise one of her eyebrows.

" So you mean to tell me you're not dating anyone? I'm not believing that one bit." She said shaking her head as she looked at me like I was lying.

" How is that so hard to believe when your husband and sons do a great job at scaring them off. As soon they hear I like somebody or somebody likes me, they put an end to the whole situation before it can even go anywhere."

" You still stuck on what they did to that boy you called yourself dating in highschool? What was his name again?" My momma asked she snapped her fingers tryna remember.

" Quan, his name was Quan."

Once my dad found out about me dating him, of course he told my brothers and he had them go press him. Which I wouldn't mind had it been done in private, but instead it was done while everybody was on the block. Quan ended up breaking up with me cause of how my brothers talked to him rightfully so. And then, he wanted a bitch back a couple of weeks later. So, we were on and off our whole senior year.

" Baby, they did the right thing by running him off. I didn't like him when you first introduced us. And from what Ja'Mir told us he was slow. And he would've never graduated high school if it wasn't for you doing his homework."

I didn't say anything cause it was definitely true. I didn't take my relationship with Quan serious he was just something to do for the time being. He was one of the finest niggas in our school, but he definitely had a hard time when it came to learning. He knew the basic stuff you would learn in elementary, but how he made it past middle school is the real question.

" Y'all just won't let me live that one down huh? I didn't know he was slow until afterwards. He hid it very well." I said truthfully as she began to laugh.

" All I'm saying is you're about to be 23 in a few weeks. You're young, beautiful, and you got good things going for yourself. So it shouldn't be hard for you to find somebody. Somebody who is smart, has their own money, a good personality, and actually has some type of substance to himself. You just gotta put yourself out there, and don't worry about ya daddy and brothers. You know I'll put em in their place."

Me and my mom have a very close bond. There's nothing I couldn't talk to her about or tell her. My mom is my first real best friend, and whenever I feel like my brothers and dad are being too overprotective I just complain about it to her, and she quickly puts all of they asses in check for me.

" Please? Cause I be wanting a man to come home to after a night out." I sighed as she laughed.

" You know I gotchu baby girl. Anyways I got your dad's credit card, so you know what we doing after this right?"

" Shopping?"

" Of course. Wouldn't be us, if we didn't."

" Yeen said nun, but a word. Excuse me can we get the check please?" I asked as I looked around for our waitress.

 Excuse me can we get the check please?" I asked as I looked around for our waitress