1 | Hailey?

Tristan's POV

_____________________________________________________________

"Yes.... Mom I know..... Ew mom.... I don't care about that... I have to get back to work....love-.... mom I have to go....yes.... love you too..... yeah... bye mom... love you." I finally ended my long call with my oh so loved mother.

Knock, knock, knock. 

I adjusted my tie. "Come in!" I yelled from my desk.

Camillia, my secretary came in. "Mr. Wilson, a lady is here to have a word with you. She say's it is very important."

"What's her name?" 

"Hailey Martin." She said looking at her yellow notepad.

"Send her on in." I shrugged. 

While I waited for this 'Hailey' girl to come in, I went over some paperwork. 

"Hi."

"Hello, you must be Hailey Martin?" I asked standing up to shake her hand. Her small hand shook my large hand. "Please have a seat."

"Mr. Wilson," She sat down, "I have come here to explain something important."

"Go on..." I told her. 

She fiddled with her hands a bit, before tucking a strand of her black hair behind her head. "I have traveled from Florida to inform you.... you have a son."

"What?" I asked. How?

"Seven years ago, my friends and I flew to New York to party and live the life of a twenty-two, twenty-three year old. I was a club one night, with my friends and after having too many drinks, my friends dared me to come up to you, and to see if I could land a 'One Night Stand', somewhere along the time I got you too loosen up a bit and have fun, we may have forgotten a condom?" She paused. "I was too intoxicated to remember."

"You know it's my son how?" I quizzed.

"Because Tristan Wilson, Andrew Wilson has the same, hazy grey eyes, and the same exact nose as you." She brushed off.

"Why are you telling me this now? I am a thirty-six year old bachelor, who is a workaholic, I don't have time for a child." I said impatiently.

"I'll have you know Mr. Wilson, Andrew is a very behaved child. But Tristan, I have stage four primary bone cancer, which is killing me slowly each day. I've decided, he would be best in the hands of his real living father, rather in an adoption center, or with my horrible parents." 

"So...?" I questioned. 

"My parents have come along with my and my- our son Andrew, please don't take no as an answer. I have headed to Oregon to have an assisted death. It's too painful to live, and it would make me happy to go, knowing my son is with someone he hasn't had his entire life. A father." She said wiping her tears. 

"Oh my god. Do you need anything Hailey?" I questioned, feeling horrible for not being their for here. "Money?"

"We have enough for the procedure, but not enough to transfer me back to Florida, where I am supposed to be buried."

"How much is that?" I asked.

"I'm not really sure..." She sniffled.

"Will five-hundred thousand be okay?" I questioned looking up from my checkbook. 

"What?" She questioned.

"I wasn't there for you or Andrew when he was born, I know you must have had a hard time buying diapers, baby food, and the baby furniture must have costed your family extra, and I apologise for everything. So whatever is left over, can be used for what you want your family to do with it. I can assure you Andrew will be taken great care of." I nodded. "Also, Hailey, I would like to pay for your stay at a nice five star hotel, on me. I will call ahead to my brother and tell him to let you all stay, on me."