Chapter 24

- Would I? - what a question. It lingered in my mind for a few days but I didn't give it too much attention for the sake of my mental health. I was very used to being with Tom, he was a really nice guy, why would I try something with someone else? It would be dumb, a waste of time I guess.
Days went by and I realized that I just couldn't wait to see Evelyn again. I loved meeting Tom, spending time together but Evelyn lived in my mind almost all of the time and I noticed that I felt happier since we had been speaking to eachother.

On the third week since we had contacted eachother again I asked her if she wanted to go for a walk with me and she said yes. It was the afternoon and there was this warm temperature that made me feel grateful and in peace. I waited for her at the entrance of her building and we met after a few minutes.

- Good evening madam - she said to me in this elegant tone that made me laugh.
- Good evening - I said.
She was wearing a dress that reached her ankles and it looked very fresh.
- Nice dress - I managed to say. I thought it looked beautiful on her.
- Thanks - she said and this strange tension built between us.
Her dress was a light yellow and it made me think of summer. Her eyes were very kind while I looked at her a little surprised, I hadn't pictured her in a dress.
- Let's go! - she said, grabbing my wrist gently and taking me somewhere.
- Oh... Okay - I said, and laughed in the end.

We walked for a while and spoke about everything. I liked that of her, I felt like we could speak about anything and that day she looked so pretty in that dress.
We then had an ice cream cone and looked at the sun while it set. We sat in silence while we saw the sunset and I felt under the table this slight touch, maybe I imagined it. I felt one of her feet touching mine and how she let her foot lightly rest on mine. It felt really special, as if I was truly with somebody. Her foot lasted a few seconds on mine but those were the best seconds that I had had in a very long time.
Then I looked at her eyes and I could see they were smiling at mine.

We walked back to the entrance of her building and I could see this little light in her gaze. It kind of scared me for a second because it was a light that felt special, it made me feel something. I didn't say anything but I think that maybe she noticed.

- Hey, want to see my apartment? - she asked and this shiver went down my whole spine.
- Oh, I thought you were going... Okay - I said and she laughed.
- I think my sister's cooking, we take turns with who makes dinner - she said naturally. She opened the heavy door and walked in. I followed her feeling my legs kind of shaky. I don't know why I was nervous, it was a little strange to me. But from another perspective there was nothing strange about it, she was a friend and she was letting me see her apartment.

We went into the elevator and waited in front of eachother until we got to the seventh floor. I liked that number, seven. Even though two has and always will be my favorite number.

- Do you like living here? - I asked. Her pretty eyes looked at mine after I asked.
- Yeah, it's fine. Though I preffer living in my house out of the city with my family - she said with this nostalgic tone.
- But it's nice here, and it's better if I get to hang out with friends - she finished saying looking at me and I knew that she meant those words for me.

We walked in her apartment, the roof was tall and it had also these tall windows which I liked a lot.
There was a really good smell in the whole place, I thought it was her sister cooking, she probably cooked really well.

I walked towards one of two the tall windows of the living room and stared through the window. It was getting late and this blue light covered the whole city streets and buildings. There was this hotel in front of her building and it had this really pretty garden which I looked at for a while. You could see the hollow street underneath her building and the antique hotel with the beautiful garden from her floor.
- I love this view - I said. And when I looked at her I realized that she was looking at me.