Episode Five

"y pensar que no querías un perro." Carmen says, entering Ana's bedroom. Curled up next to Ana is their new dog, he's a rescue and his name is Moose. (and to think that you didn't want a dog.)

"no te burles de mí, abuela" Ana whines.(don't tease me, abuela)

She is working with Sergeant Grey today at the station, so she doesn't have to get up quite as early as she normally does.

Of course she's still at roll call early and she is not disappointed when she finds out she's missing out on some sort of competition. Ana has never been competitive and seeing how excited Bradford is, she is more than happy to let Lucy have him for the day.

After roll call, Grey gestures for her to follow him.

"I made a mistake yesterday and I need you to fix it" Grey admits.

"of course, sir, what mistake did you make?" Ana asks, softly.

"I told Nolan to organize the evidence room" Grey explains.

"oh" Ana says, softly.

"yeah, 'oh', and out of you and West and Chen, I decided that you'll organize the evidence room" Grey says, leading her to the evidence room.

"yes, sir" Ana replies, softly. "is it already semi-organized so I'll know where things go or do you want me to use an existing organization system that might not be in place at the moment?"

"neither, our evidence room guy quit six months ago and as you can imagine... it's a jungle now" Grey responds, stopping in front of the door and handing her a clipboard.

"use whatever organization system you want, just don't tell Bradford or anyone that I stuck you in here, they all think I'm taking you out on patrol" Grey says.

"yes, sir" Ana answers, softly, opening the door to the evidence room and realizing it's going to be a long day.

It's around 10 am when Ana finds it. She's going through old cold cases and organizing by date and then by alphabet.

She's not reading the files, but as she's putting an organized box up, a piece of paper slips out. Ana frowns and puts the box down before kneeling down to pick up the piece of paper.

It's the record for a testimony. Ana doesn't think anything of it, her eyes naturally skimming the words on the page. Ana gets too wrapped up in reading the paper that she runs into the ladder she was using, ending up with a huge red mark on her forehead.

But Ana is too wrapped up in the testimony to care. She searches and finds the case that the testimony is from. After going through the case, Ana scrounges around for her phone. Finally, she grabs it and calls Bradford.

"hey, you said that felony arrests are seven points right?" Ana asks over the phone when Bradford answers her call.

Ana ends up drawing Lucy and Bradford away from a DUI. Bradford quite literally speeds to the station and Ana is waiting for him in the garage. Lucy stays in the car while Bradford comes running over.

"Five felony arrests if you can get all of them" Ana says, showing him the file.

It's a cold case about five men who allegedly was stealing cars. There wasn't enough evidence at the time to prosecute the men.

"I found footage of one of the cars stolen being driven around five days ago and it stopped at a car lot, guess who reported a robbery an hour later?" Ana smiles.

"damn, boot" Bradford says. "knew you were my favorite."

Ana giggles as he rushes back to the car and drives away, in a rush to get 35 points in one fell swoop.