meeting the family

resume: meeting harry's family was nothing like you'd expected

word count: 1400

"i can't." i'm stressing and panicking, i've never felt this weird in a situation like this.

"you can't? what do you mean, you can't? harry asks me, as he parks the car. "we agreed, there's nothing to worry about, right? are you still nervous?"

"babe," i take a deep breath. "of course i am, i know i've said it before, but your family and your opinion actually matters to me, i really really hope they seriously like me."

harry leans over to peck my lips quickly. "i promise you... that they're gonna love you and my mum has been getting to know you through your instagram, she's obsessed with you already, you can do no wrong."

"i'm just so scared, i'll do something your family finds impolite or what if they hate me for making them wait so long before we meet?" i've been with harry for almost nine months now and i've only talked with his mum twice on a phone call.

harry sighs, but it's a calming sigh and not one as if he was tired of my ranting... thankfully. "i know, i'm the clumsiest person you know, so if you do anything wrong i'll probably fall and spill something all over me, but baby you can't do anything wrong and this isn't an exam. wait, i'm not done. i've been touring and you've been working and being so supportive of my schedule, do not tell me it's your fault, that you haven't met my mum." he gets through his little speech with the warms smile on his lips.

i almost awe out loud and peck his cheek before stepping out of the car. "i love you and thank you, i'm still excited to meet all your favorite people."

"let's go then, huh?" harry grabs my hand and the two of us walk

the second we're in front of the door, it opens and harrys mum and sister are both stood there, smiling as if they've never been happier. "hi you two! come in, come in."

"everybody else is coming in an hour or so." anne says and walks back in her house.

i turn back and look at harry. "everyone else?" i whisper. maybe i fully missed something, but i thought it was just harry's mum and sister.

"i'm not sure." harry looks just as i do. "mum, who is everyone else?" he walks over to anne and waits for her response.

anne looks confused as well now. "didn't i tell you? mike and everyone are coming over and we're having a barbecue."

"no mum, you didn't tell us. y/ns been really nervous and she didn't-" harry starts a rant, but i'm quick to stop it.

"harry, don't worry." i step forward and intertwine our fingers, to stop harry from getting heated. "i'm excited to meet them all." i smile at both harry and anne.

"they'll love you, sweetheart." anne says. "now harry, why don't you go grab the beers from the downstairs refrigerator and y/n, do you want to help me cut some fruit?"

harry smirks at his mum and her effort for splitting harry and i up, he looks at me and silently asks if i'm okay with this and i quickly nod.

harry walks downstairs and i get started on cutting a cantaloupe.

"harry told me you've started working from home, how was the adjustment?" anne stops her fruit cutting and pulls me over to the couch with her.

"well, i took so much time off to be with harry on tour and it was great, but i felt weird about being away from work for so long and didn't really feel comfortable in the office anymore." anne smiles at me. "so, if just feels better like this, plus i have even more time to spend with harry."

harry walks back upstairs with beers and soda in his hands and puts them in the fridge up here.

"harry always called me on his way home from visiting you at work and i can tell he's so glad you're closer to him." anne pulls me in for a hug and keeps speaking. "i can't believe it took so long for me to really meet you, i'm so happy that you're making my boy so happy, you two seem to be perfect for each other."

i smile at anne as harry walks over. "mum, promise me you're not scaring her away."

"i'm not, i'm not. gemma and i will finish up the food, you two just relax, then gemma and i can talk to you when harry's busy at the barbecue later." anne laughs and smiles at me and i agree at her, while harry quickly sits down next to me.

harry looks at me and i can tell he's about to worry on my behalf, so again i stop him. "we just talked, as if we've known each other for a while... and just needed to catch up i guess. your mum is so kind and i had no reason to worry."

"you are perfect." he leans in to kiss me.

soon enough the house is full of people. there's chicken and every meat possible on the barbecue in the garden. harry is stood by the barbecue with his uncle and gemma's boyfriend, while i'm stood making a dressing, while anne, gemma and dee (harry's aunt) are pouring everyone a drink.

"now, all i need to know is if harry's perfect for you or if i need to go teach him a thing or two about manners." gemma starts drinking from her glass of white wine and passes one over to me.

i laugh at how anne and dee are quickly turning around to listen in as well. "he's perfect, i think the two of you have taught him everything he knows and i feel very lucky to have him."

all three of them awe at my statement. "i'm so proud of my boy, can't believe he gets to call you his girlfriend and y/n i hope you know how just how much you mean to both him and i."

anne starts crying and i quickly give her a hug. "he texts me every night, did you know that?"

anne looks at me as i shake my head, no i didn't know.

"he texts me every night, asking me how he got so lucky to have you and i would always let a little happy tear fall... every night." anne has tears streaming down her face.

i had no idea how much i meant to her or harry. i love harry and he loves me, but he texts his mum about me every night? he is perfect and i am so lucky to be apart of this family.

"thank you anne, it really means everything to me, that you feel like this and i'm so so lucky to have harry and i promise i'll feel lucky because of him and you forever."

i'm over the moon with joy and at the same time all i wanna do is cry like anne is, how did i get this lucky?

harry steps in with a laugh on his lips and a beer in his hands, but quickly puts it down and the laugh turns into a straight face. "mum, are you okay?"

"oh god, yes. i'm just so happy, i can't believe i let myself cry so much." anne gets up and decides to busy herself with the cooking and small talking.

"my mum is just as in love with you as i am." harry chuckles, i feel like he's a little embarrassed by her show of emotion, but it made my day.

"i love her." i state, making sure he knows i mean it.

today couldn't have been better.

i know i take ages to update and i'm so sorry, but i won't change 👎👎👎