finally home

resume:
you, your friends and a (scary) knock on the door.

word count: 800

it's past three am, you and the girls haven't left the couch in your house for hours, all of you having had so much to talk about.

you and harry have been travelling so much this past half year and all of you have been busy with work, so this is the first time you've had time to get together and catch up.

you've talked exes, old friends, new friends, family and just anything life has given you recently.

"when was harry coming back?" florence asks you, since you've finished talking about the trip you and harry had around europe this summer.

harry's in the us, he had interviews, meetings and he's been finishing up his next album recently, so he spent a lot of time on that too.

he's been gone for just over a month now and you're ready for him to come home. "he's flying home tomorrow night." you say with the happiest and most content smile on your face.

you miss him more than ever.

it was honestly always a plan for you to also go to the us, but after all your travelling, you got back to the uk and had a lot of work to do. harry always tells you, you can take a break and you do love that you do have the freedom to go with him whenever, but you also feel the need to work and you want to work. having that independence means a lot to you and harry is proud of you and will always support you through that.

you and the girls go through your photos from the last many months and it makes you miss harry and all the cities you visited so much. it keeps you so entertained, that none of you feel tired and you'd definitely rather stay in each others company than go to bed.

"let's watch a horror movie, please." florence beams and all of you scream a big no at her.

"are you crazy, it's three am, i'd like to be able to fall asleep tonight."

"oh, come on. it'll be fun and we can always turn it off."

five minutes later florence is sat with the remote control in her hand, scrolling through the movie choices. a quiet place is what stops her scrolling and she clicks on it.

you and amelie are hiding together under your chunky blanket the second the movie starts. you're all half tipsy and that does calm the nerves, but you'd still never put a movie like this one off.

the room goes completely quiet and so does the scene, which adds to the tension in the room.

your eyes are the last ones to look towards the entrance, all of you heard the door handle and all of you start panicking. "you locked the door right?" livia whispers.

you nod at her and cuddle into amelie's side, doing everything you can to hide under the blanket the two of you are sharing.

even florence is scared, when she hears the lock unlocking and the door opening. she quickly turns off the movie and rushes to get a spot on the couch next to you.

you hear the door close, but it's slow and as quiet as possible, so all of you panic even more. two feet carry themselves upstairs right away and none of you dare to move.

"is it harry?" amelie whispers to you, but you shake your head. "no, his flight won't land here until in like two days."

those quiet and slow movements coming from the unknown person aren't as quiet and slow coming down the stairs. they're way louder and rushed. whoever it is, is downstairs again within a second and then steps into the living room.

all five of you scream, until the lights are turned on and you see who is standing by the switch.

"harry!? are you crazy?" you speak, still hiding in amelie's arms.

harry's eyes widen and he looks at you, not understanding anything. "what, baby?"

"oh my god." it clicks. "you're back!" you spring up from your seat and jumps into his arms.

"that's more like it. why are you calling me crazy and why aren't you in your bed?" harry smirks and kisses your lips.

you explain how creepy it was of him to just enter the house like that in the middle of the night and he joins you and the others on the couch.

"la wasn't fun enough or?" florence asks, while harry pulls you into his arms.

"la was good." he smiles. "just missed my baby."

everyone "awe's" at the two of you and when you look up at his smile, you press your lips
to his dimple. "i'm happy you're finally home."