too fancy

resume:
a night at harry's work event

word count: 1.7k

"ready, baby?" harry shouts at you from the bedroom.

harry never asks you to join him at these events, he knows you never have fun and if he's completely honest, neither does he.

it's full of men with no personality but their wealth and wives who've given their life to being their husbands wife, both you and harry have talks about the people harry is surrounded by at these events, mostly cause you find it so sad that these women are playing this role their whole life.

harry often tells you that that's who they are, some of then are seriously pricks, who are the female versions of their husbands, but you still notice and pay attention to some of them and how they don't look comfortable there.

tonight however, harry's getting an award and most of the idea with this event and party is celebrating harry and his partners, tom and mitch.

you rush to straighten you're dress out and then step out of the bathroom. "ready." you tell him with a smile and give him a little turn, so he can see your loose sparkly black dress.

"you're amazing, baby." harry chuckles with a smirk on his face and walks over to peck your lips. "we'll have a fun night, i promise."

"you don't have to worry about me, i'm excited for you." you lean up and kiss the side of his mouth, wanting to make sure he's not nervous or overthinking anything, cause you're genuinely the happiest when you get to support your boyfriend.

"okay, car's waiting." harry pulls on his suit jacket and grabs your hand.

harry keeps that hold on your hand through the whole car ride, the short walk to the elevator from outside to the building and is still holding onto your hand now that you've grabbed a flute of champagne.

"sarah and mitch should be here somewhere." harry leans down to tell you and the two of you join the pretty large crowd of people, searching for the few ones you'd like to see.

"y/n!" you and harry both turn to the left and see sarah quickly walking your way. "finally. mitch is at our table with tom." she says as she looks at harry.

harry looks at you and you press your lips to his cheek as confirmation to leave and he does so, trying to scout the people at the round tables.

"already talked to both cynthia and vivienne, so if you stay with me hopefully they won't come near us." sarah says and looks over at the little group of women stood by the open bar, flirting with the three young waiters.

a bit of small talk later, a bell rings, which means it's time to go sit at our table. that isn't an issue for you at all, you almost miss being next to harry.

you and sarah sit down, where harry and the others are already sat.

"hi baby." he leans in to peck your lips.

with a little giggle you answer him. "hi bub." your both facing each other, so he grabs your legs and pulls them up in his lap.

"gonna join me, when i go up there later?" harry's asks you and points up at the little stage, while small appetisers are placed on every table.

"i'm gonna let you have your shine, but i'll wait for you right here and give you a kiss when you come back down." you smile, loving how happy he seems about tonight, but not having anything to do on that stage.

"i'm happy you're here." harry's a lot quieter now, making sure it's just you and him and giving his all to this conversation.

you often think harry is too caring or does too much for you, but you wouldn't trade it for anything. "baby, so am i."