2- Myth

Hello lovely readers✨✨

Dr. Anisha and Dr. Mahi were sitting in the hospital cafeteria, sipping their coffee, when Navya stormed in and threw her bag onto the table with full force. Both of them, perfectly predicting what could have triggered her, immediately hugged her and helped her to calm down.

Mahi had been more of a sister to Navya than a friend since childhood. They had been each other's rock through every problem. Mahi was doing her PG in medicine at the same hospital. Anisha, who had met Navya during their first year of MBBS, had become inseparable from her ever since. She was also pursuing her PG in the same department as Navya.

Navya vented, "Theek hai, galti ho gayi, but this does not mean I am careless. I always follow protocols, but sir always has to pick one thing or another to humiliate me."

Anisha sighed, "Leave it, yaar. Just two more years, and we'll get our degrees. Until then, we need to endure him."

Mahi added, "Everyone knows you're diligent, so it doesn't matter what he says. Now take deep breaths, drink your coffee, and please, for God's sake, stop crying or your nose problem will worsen. You know your breathing issues will aggravate."

Navya, rubbing her nose with a napkin and making it completely red, nodded. Just then, her phone rang. She picked it up, seeing it was her grandfather. "Hello, Dadu! How are you? First, tell me you took your BP medicine on time. And where's Dadi? How's her knee pain...?"

Mr. Mukesh Maheshwari's voice came through, calm and reassuring, "Calm down, bacche. We are fine here. First, you tell me, are you not skipping your meals, right? And your voice sounds hoarse. Were you crying? Who made you cry?"

The concern in her grandfather's voice was like a soothing balm to her frayed nerves.

I don't know how, but Dadu and Dadi always seem to know everything about me. This uncanny awareness always makes me more emotional. Sometimes I wish I had been born as their daughter. They are the only non-medicos in my family, and while they may not hold much academic education, they are toppers in sociability and humbleness.

I miss them so much, and this doesn't exclude my coolest Bua and Chachu. They are the ones I live for. When Dadu told me I need to come to Dehradun this weekend along with Abhinav, my fiancé and colleague, I was excited to meet them.

But going home means meeting Dad and Mom, which is not bad, but it is. I have spent half my life for Mom, always thinking that one day I would take her away from the toxicity of her dear husband. But I've realized that her love for him is stronger than her love for me, and that hurts more than any breakup.

It doesn't mean I don't like Dad. He is a great doctor, brother, and son. As a father, he is great too, but only for his beloved elder and only son. Mom is a doctor as well, and one would think that being highly educated and professional, she would never tolerate any violence, physically or mentally. But she did, for her kids, so they could have a normal, happy family with fatherly love. That shatters my soul. In this process, I don't think she ever stopped loving Dad. She just stopped responding to his mistakes silently.

It pains my heart to admit that I too craved my father's love all these years, knowing what my mother goes through every day. But then you need to change and register it in your brain that not every daughter is a princess to their dad. That's a myth. Some are simply warriors for their mom.

——————————————————————

Kindly vote and comment
Please tell me if you want short or long chapters...

Happy reading..............

U all can follow insta handle @ira_library