Buransh- A Tale Of 1980s

Start from the beginning

She was dressed in a vibrant saree, a blend of yellow and orange hues, with a crimson red chunari draped over her face.

(Kuch is parkar)

She tensed as she heard the door creak open, instinctively pulling her toes under the folds of her saree. Trying to catch a glimpse through the intricate embroidery of her veil, she strained to see who had entered.

Footsteps echoed in the room, each sound adding to her nervousness. Then, a distinct, manly throat clearing sound made her shiver.

"Suniye..!" He called out gently, his voice sending a wave of sensation through her body.

"Hmm..!" She replied softly, her melodic voice carrying across the room. As he looked towards her, the veil served as a barrier between them, adding a layer of anticipation and mystery to their first encounter.

Anubhav nervously unbuttoned the first two buttons of his sherwani and sat down on the bed. She glanced at him, her gaze falling on his hand resting on the bed.

Both of them were incredibly nervous about starting a conversation, especially Anubhav, who had never met her before or even seen her face. However, she was his wife now, and he had to accept her as his wife.

His wife, too, was filled with nerves. She had only heard about Anubhav from her father, who had mentioned that he was an army officer. She had seen his photo once before their marriage, and since then, she hadn't received any further information about him. Yet, despite the uncertainty, she knew she had to accept him as her husband.

"Hum dekh sakte hai aapko?" Anubhav nervously asked, initiating the conversation. She nodded, granting him permission.

With trembling hands and nervousness gripping him, he moved towards her veil, about to lift it, when a power cut suddenly plunged the room into darkness, obscuring her face.

"Hum lalten jala dete hai..!" He suggested, walking towards where the lantern was kept, but just then, there was a knock on the door. Opening it, he found his sister holding a lantern.

"Kya hua?" He asked.

"Woh bijali chali gyi hai isliye, yeh wala lalten rakh lo aap woh wale lalten mein tel dala bhool gyi thi main..!" She replied nervously.

"Koi baat nhi..!" He reassured, taking the lantern from her as she left. Turning back to his wife after hanging the lantern near the window.

"Aap apne gehne wagera utar kar so jaiye warna garmi lagegi..!" He advised his wife. She murmured in agreement.

While Closing the door and opening the window for ventilation, he placed the lantern on a small wooden table near the bed.

His wife removed her jewelry and settled onto the bed. Anubhav joined her after dimming the lantern, but the small bed offered no space for them to create distance between each other.