Chapter 8- Margaret's POV

I bit back a small sigh of relief when I entered the trailer again and bit back a small smile when I heard Admiral whicker in greeting. "Hey, Bud," I said, my voice barely above a whisper. "How are you doing? Are you ready to get out?"

He snorted and nodded, and I bit back a small chuckle, amused. He shook his head, snorted, and flicked his tail impatiently, and I knew that that was his indication that he was ready to get out.

"Ok, Bud," I said, biting back a small chuckle while I slowly nodded. "Let's get you out of here." I grabbed his lead rope and Sprite's as well, knowing full well that he wouldn't go without his support animal. "You too, Sprite."

Sprite whickered and nodded, and I bit back a small snort while she flicked her tail and started to kick the trailer with a soft bang, bang, bang.

"Hey, now," I softly scolded while I narrowed my eyes and scowled, biting back a small smile, amused. "Don't act like Gallant."

Sprite stopped kicking at the trailer while she looked at me with wide innocent brown eyes. She blinked and blinked again, and I bit back a small snort before I shook my head.

"Very funny, Sprite," I said, biting back a small sigh while I shook my head again. I walked over to my horses and hooked the lead ropes to their halters. "I'll come back to get you, Bon Bon," I said, and Bonnie flicked her tail and seemed to ignore me, not even caring that she was last.

I bit back a small snort and shook my head while I finished hooking them up to their lead ropes and disconnecting their ties that held them to the trailer. "Let's go, Buds," I said and clicked my tongue before I walked out of the trailer with Admiral following Sprite. "Let's go see your new home."

Admiral snorted and flicked his tail from side to side. He shoved his nose towards Sprite's rear to get her to move faster, and my Shetland squealed in annoyance and flicked her head, tossing her mane.

"Hey," I scolded and pulled on Sprite's lead rope to keep her from lowering her head and bucking at him because I did not want a fight inside the trailer. "Do not do that, Sprite. We are in a tight space, and I do not need to be road kill for dinner."

"You won't taste that good if you were," May exclaimed outside the trailer, and I rolled my eyes and scowled. "Is everything ok in there, Mama?"

"Everything is fine, May," I replied and continued to lead them out of the trailer. "Travis, do you still have control over Dono?" I asked once we were close to the entrance of the trailer. I grabbed Sprite's lead rope tighter and kept my eyes on her because I knew that she was going to act like a demon.

"Yes, we are good here," Travis said. "I have his collar."

"Good," I said with a small sigh of relief, my shoulders sagging just a bit. "Thank you."

"Uh huh."

I led them out of the trailer, and as soon as all of Sprite's feet touched the ground, she jerked her head back and whinnied her high pitch whinny that had the other dogs become restless and whining to come out of the truck but did not because I hadn't told them that they could.

"Holy shit," Bryson muttered under his breath, and I mentally cringed because I knew I should have warned Bryson about Gallant when Gallant whinnied and snorted, and I had a feeling that he moved around both Bryson and Blake. "Easy, Boy. Easy."

"Gallant, settle," I warned. "Is everything ok over there?" I asked and tried to get Sprite to move, but she refused to do so. "Would you come on, dumb butt?" I asked while I pulled on her halter. "There is no need to act all high and mighty and let everyone know that you are the queen."