𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒: 𝐵𝒾𝓇𝓉𝒽𝒹𝒶𝓎

"Birthday"

☆☆☆

"Confringo!" Odessa shouted, pointing her wand at the tree.

The tree splintered into pieces, exploding and causing Odessa to let out an excited squeal.

"Great job, Odessa." Odessa whipped her head to where the voice came from, Hamish was standing next to Marianne.

"Yes, you did excellent, Odessa."

A couple of weeks had now gone by, Four weeks to be exact.

Four weeks of studying spells, potions and reading up on magical history. Odessa was more interested in the spells though, not potions. Some of the things Marianne forced her to brew ended up looking like green sludge. Her aunt had been drilling into her head the information she'd need to attend.

Even though she didn't want to, she made her do the subjects she found boring. She had gone through the list of first year potions, second, third and fourth. She liked saving the spells for last as they were her favorite to practice. How could they not be? She could blow things up with just a wave of her wand and a couple of words. That was still amazing to her.

Dumbledore also apparently had taken an interest in her. He dropped by often to check her progress and though she didn't know why he was interested, she didn't question it as she could most likely learn things from him that weren't in the books. He'd speak of her mother with pride, tell of the things she'd gotten into at Hogwarts during her years. Odessa assumed he had been quite close to her mother..

Her aunt now deemed she was at a fourth year level, and she only had a few weeks to finish all her studying before she had to take the O.W.Ls.
Her birthday was close too, only a week away. And her aunt said she had thought up big plans for it, purposely not telling Odessa so it'd be a surprise.

Her aunt had been taking her into town, showing her some of the wizard shops hidden in it. Though it was a town filled with muggles, apparently some wizards lived in the surrounding area. She had begun calling them that as well, Muggles.
She thought it sounded funny at first, but eventually she understood why non magic folk had a name. They were different, she didn't hate them for being different but they'd never understand what is was like to be a witch or wizard. You just couldn't see life the same once you knew about magic.

She had also begun to warm up to Hamish as well, He wasn't as cold as she initially and he came around the house often. She also soon found out he was the lover of her aunt, Figured that out one night when she was up late studying and heard them. The next day she could see the forming handprints on her aunt's neck before she covered them.