𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒪𝓃𝑒: 𝐿𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝑀𝒶𝑔𝒾𝒸

*Odessa's house at the top*

*attempted rape in the middle of the chapter, not very detailed but if you're uncomfortable with that click away*

"Like Magic"

"Miss Lovet, You are telling me you don't know what happened in the forest? How these two men got these injuries?" 
The officer asked as he sat across from her. He pulled out a few photos, sliding them across the table and towards her.
"You're telling me you don't know how this happened? Or this?" He asked as he flipped through the photos, showing a man leaned against the tree, his eyes wide open and glassy. And another one were cuts were all over the mans face and neck.
"I don't know, Once he got off me i ran and didn't stop until i got to the street." Odessa shook her head as she spoke, a nervous tone to her voice.

"One of these men had lacerations so deep on his neck and face he died of blood loss, and the other had multiple spinal fractures from the force of being thrown against the tree."
"I didn't do anything to these men, if anything they were the one's harming me! They held me down and tried to rape me!" She began raising her voice and the man held up a hand.
"Calm down, I'm trying to figure out what happened to these men, i don't need you getting irate." The officer said as a knock sounded at the door.
"Come in." He said as a man peeked his head through the door.
"A woman is here wanting to speak to you, Sir." He said and the officer sighed.
"Can it wait?" The man shook his head. "Said it's urgent, Sir."
The man exhaled, sending a scrutinizing look towards her before going to the door, and leaving.

The second he closed the door, She thought back to the earlier events of the night, to what led to her being brought in to be questioned.

She walked through the forest, pushing the hair out of her face as she sighed. Working from six in the morning till six at night is not it. It always left her exhausted and even worse was that she didn't have a car so she had to walk home. She broke off from the street, heading towards the path leading through the forest that led home.
You'd think she'd be too scared to walk through the forest alone but she didn't have a choice, all she had to do was push down the nervousness in her stomach and keep herself calm.

As she continued through the forest, she'd hear a twig snap every so often but she chalked it up to animals roaming the forest. This was their home after all.
Though when she began to hear footsteps behind her, she stilled. She tried to calm her racing heart, listening closely to her surroundings. She heard another twig snap and shuffling behind her. She immediately took off, running as fast as her legs could take her towards her house.
"Grab her!" She heard a man shout as booming footsteps started after her.

She only made it so far before someone barreled into her, knocking her to the ground. She let out a yelp as her head hit a tree root and the breath got knocked out of her. Whoever had knocked her down was holding her hands down.
"Let me go! Get off of me!" She cried out as another man came up to them.
"They instructed us not to hurt her." The man in the corner said as the one above her sent him a wicked grin.
"Doesn't mean we can't have a bit of fun with her." He pushed her face further into the dirt with one hand, moving the other one down to her jeans.
"No, no, no! Get off! Get off!" She tried to struggle, though it was useless as whoever was above her was much stronger than her.
The second he tried to pull down her jeans, the weight holding her down was gone. She heard a thud as she scrambled up to her knees.
The man was slumped against a tree, knocked out from the impact of hitting the tree. The other one was standing to the side, his mouth opened in shock as he stared at his partner.
He looked to her, beginning to stomp towards her. "You little-" His sentence got cut off as a long cut formed across his neck and smaller ones began forming on his face. Blood started pouring out of them as he fell to his knees.
She quickly moved to her feet, taking off back in the direction of the street.

The door to the room opened again, the man followed by a woman. Her blonde hair glinted in the fluorescent lights as she walked with an air of elegance, her head held high. When the woman's gaze landed on her, a smile broke the cold exterior she had.
"Odessa, I'm so glad you're alright." She cooed as she took a few steps over to her. Odessa scooted back in her seat, wary of the strange woman.
"Who are you?" She asked, looking her up and down.
"I'm your aunt. Marianne." She said as she was now right next to her seat.
"Okay, why are you here?" Odessa questioned and Marianne gave her a solemn smile.
"I've been keeping tabs on you since your mothers death, i haven't looked in for awhile and when i heard of your grandmothers passing, i came immediately. And to think i found you being wrongfully questioned by these officers." She shook her head, clicking her tongue as she looked to the eerily silent officer.
"As we discussed before, I'm to be taking her with me. I'm glad you came to your senses and realized my dear niece couldn't possibly have hurt these men."
The man just nodded his head, holding his hand up to the door as if waving them out.

"Wait, what?" Odessa asked, confused as Marianne held out her hand.
"This officer has released you to me, and i was hoping we could speak in private. Perhaps at your home?" She suggested and Odessa just nodded mutely, still confused.