if comfort was a person

Yumna headed back to her house in Karachi after visiting her ammi at the hospital. She went straight there after the premiere, and her mom was recovering quickly which she was happy about. As she stepped in her house, her phone buzzed with a text that read 'me aa raha hoon panch minute me'. It was Wahaj. She was confused because he had missed her premiere, which was understandable because his mom had been ill too. Five minutes passed and she heard her doorbell ring. She went to open it and there he was. She felt so relived, seeing a calming face after a long and rough few days. "Wahaj tum yaha kya kar Rahe ho? Tum to Lahore me the na?" she asked. As he stepped inside, he said "Haan lekin mom is doing much better now, and mujhe laga me tumhe dekhne aayon, so I took a last minute flight here." She smiled, which was filled with so much love and gratitude. He asked, "tumhari ammi ab kaisi hain aur Premiere kaisa raha?" She lead him inside and they both got comfortable on the couch. She handed him a glass of water and said, "Ammi ab bohut theek hain." He noticed she had a slight sadness in her eyes, and wasn't smiling like she usually does. He took a sip and joked, "aur tumhara premiere? Acha nahi tha kya? Itni udaas tum lag rahi ho? Me nahi tha isiliye na?"

She met his eyes, and she broke down, unable to hold the tears she was holding since morning. He was taken aback, not expecting her to react like this. He pulled her close into his arms, and let her finish crying as he ran his hand through her hair. As she began to stop, he cradled her face and asked, "yumna yaar kya hua? Aise kyun ro rahi ho?" She wiped her tears and explained how her premiere had very low attendance, and don't know whether people willingly didn't show up or it was her teams fault in sending out invitations. His heart sank, seeing her like this and hearing the outcome of one of the biggest nights of her life. He composed his thoughts together and continued. "Dekho, jo hua so hua right? This was one of the biggest nights of your life, and you shouldn't let people affect this special day." She listened attentively, nodding at his words. He continued, "I know you did amazing tonight right, and I heard so many good things about the film and I can't wait to watch it."

She smiled, and asked "Why do bad things happens to good people? Me hamesha Logo ko support karti hoon, aur jab meri baari aayi, to koi aaya hi nahi." Her tears started forming again, and he took his thumb to wipe it off her cheek. He explained, "ache log ko koi pasand nahi karte, and that's just life. Lekin ek baat tum hamesha yaad rakhna. Jab me yahan hoon, me tumhari liye hamesha khada rahunga. Tumhe koi fikar karne ke liye zaroorat nahi hain." She smiled so contentedly, filled with so much warmth and love. "Mujhe pata hain, thank you" she said. As they smiled at each other and began conversating, she was laughing again. Wahaj saw her, his heart filled with gratitude, himself feeling better that she was okay again.

In the middle of their conversation, the doorbell rang and she asked, "Ab kon aaya? Maine to kisi ko bulaya nahi." He giggled and said, "Maine khaana mang vaya, because I knew you would be hungry." She laughed and whacked his arm playfully, "Wahaajjj!" They laughed and ate together, both feeling grateful for their silent love, and being satisfied that they were each others home away from home.