Chapter 21: Intercepting the Redguns

Start from the beginning

And then, its so-long time.

...

"Second wave incoming!" Ayre warned.

<<Just getting started!>>

Raven then looked up, seeing the rays of missiles coming right down. They haven't even touched him just yet. He'd be surprised it they do.

"Yeah. I heard that merc took down G5 Iguazu." said someone.

"Iguazu...?" another asked, then recalled, "Oh yeah, the deserter who pissed his pants and ran."

A missile barely scraped OBSIDIAN WING's shoulder. Raven rolled his eyes in arrogance. About time they at least touched him.

"Albany! I'd forgotten we still kept you around!" Michigan boomed, sounding annoyed, "Iguazu's worth a hundred of you! Which means, Albany, the merc is worth twenty of him! You're doing nothing productive... Why don't you do the math for us?!"

"The answer's 2,000 Albanys, sir!" shouted someone else.

"Shut your stink hole and start shooting!"

"Uhhh... Sir, yessir!"

Well, that may have been the most awkward conversation both Raven and Ayre have heard from the Redguns so far. Then again, they're always weird. On a constant rate.

"Third wave incoming, Raven!" shouted Ayre in warning.

<<Thanks, partner!>>

He then used a few missiles on a few MTs, taking them down rather quickly. He then charged up his laser blade and swung, taking down the rest of the group.

"Geronimo!" a guy shouted in excitement.

Another MT pilot let out some kind of war cry. Raven and Ayre looked to each other, as best they could, almost wanting to laugh. These guys just have so much pride.

"LIGER TAIL's gonna be good to go soon!" said Michigan, "Keep the target busy!"

Raven then put a bazooka blast into one of the helicopters.

"Ah, c'mon, sir." someone complained, "You gonna ride out to steal all the credits? You got plenty of medals already, sir. We want some of the glory too!"

"Fine. Whoever takes down G13 gets to take home a Balam Cobalt Medal!" he promised sarcastically, "...They're good, you know, they go real far when you throw 'em."

Raven's AC suddenly got staggered. About time. Why do the enemy take so long sometimes just to stun him for merely a few seconds? It gets old sometimes.

"All LIGER TAIL checks complete, sir!" said a squad member on the coms, "Don't push the old girl too hard, eh?"

"Finally! I damn near missed the show, Potomac!" Michigan complained, "Listen up, maggots! This field trip is now a hunting expedition! You can go home now... or follow me if you got a death wish!"

"Ready to die, sir!"

"AC, LIGER TAIL incoming!" Ayre warned, "It's G1 Michigan!"

<<Let's do this!>>

Raven then split up his missiles and then launched them at several MTs.

"Go go go! Follow Michigan!" shouted a squad member.