three

༻☆༺

After Ruby calmed down thanks to Leah, she had no choice but to go back to the audition room. She quickly wiped her face and went back in.
"You okay?" Jack says. I nod. That's the first interaction they've had in 2 years.

"Are we ready to start?" The director says. They nod. "Action." The director smiles. "Please, Ally. Baby, let me explain." Jack says, reading off his script. "Leave me alone." Ruby replies. "I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry. I love you." Jack says. Ruby starts to tear up. "I can't forgive you Lucas." Ruby cries. "Please just, go." Ruby says.

"Cut!" The director says excitedly. The director looks at his assistant and smiles. "I think these two are a good fit, they're perfect." The director says. His assistant nods. "You Jack Champion, got the role. Filming starts on the 17th of January." The director says. "Thank you so much sir." Jack smiles.

"You two are free to leave." The director says. Ruby waves, before walking out the room. "Hey wait up." Ruby turns around to see Jack. "What?" Ruby says. She didn't wanna sound mean, she just wanted to go home.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay." Jack says. "I'm fine." She says. "Did you have a panic attack?" Jack questions. She didn't know why he would immediately accuse that. "I haven't had those in months." She sighs. "Ruby, I know you. I have for years." Jack says.

"I'm done talking about this. Have a good day." Ruby says, before waking off. She drives home and crashes on her bed. Her doorbell rings. She groans, but ultimately gets up and answers, it's her best friends. Leah immediately hugs her.

"Are you okay?" Walker says from behind Leah. I nod and smile. "What happened, you need to fill us in." Leah says. Ruby nods and leads them to he bedroom, where they all sit on her bed. Walker and Leah sit on one side together, holding hands and Ruby sits in front of them.

"Okay so, the director said I had to go back so I could do a chemistry read with some guys, you know to see if any of them fit for the show." They nod. "And then I practiced with all sorts of guys, that was fine, but the director didn't like them so he brought in the last guy. It was Jack an I started panicking, because I couldn't even stand in the same room as him so I went to the bathroom and called Leah." Ruby says starting to tear up.

Leah hugs Ruby. "Did he get the job?" Walker says. Ruby nods. "We can't like talk to the director?" Walker says. "And say what? I can't work with him, because we used to date? I can't lose this job." Ruby says.

"Your right." Walker says. "I just have to stick it out for like a year." Ruby says. "Well if you need us we'll be right here." Leah says. Ruby smiles.
In a few months Ruby would have to show up to set everyday and practice with Jack. She wasn't quite ready for that, but she had to try.

Authors Note
Next chapter is a time skip so were getting righ into Ruby's first day on set. tyy for reading! 💗
luv ya.

© all rights reserved
© hearts4lainaa