pilot

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

she had decided to just hand the micro managing of her hero costume design to hawks and watch from her place on the balcony, smoking.

beni had about two weeks left until the start of the u.a course, and the quicker it was approaching, the more she found herself smoking.

she jumped when a figure landed beside her, sitting down criss cross applesauce, shoulders touching and watching as the blond spread out the sheets of paper on the balcony floor.

"so, i was thinking you need a staple piece,"

beni's brows furrowed, taking the cigarette out of her mouth just to give hawks a questioning look, "a staple piece?"

"fantastic idea, kid," hawks teased while taking the tab from her hands and taking a drag of it himself before continuing, "a staple piece! you know, something that makes people recognise you,"

"uh huh - and what's your staple piece?"

beni felt the scoff coming before it even happened, and she turned away to avoid the smug look she knew would appear on the blonds face, "my wings, obviously,"

she took her tab back before asking, "well - any ideas, you absolute beacon of knowledge?"

"a muzzle!"

hawks shouted it like he had just discovered electricity.

beni did not feel the same. she stared at him with dead eyes for a moment.

"...a muzzle?"

"sì!"

"...am i a dog?"

"well, you do bite-STOP pinching my feather that i so kindly gifted whenever you have a temper!"

beni giggled at the disgruntled look on the mans face, always one to enjoy inflicting pain on the pro hero.

"you do realise that my teeth are my current main source for my quirk, right?-"

"-UH HUH, GOT IT, KID - no muzzle, then - you got any ideas?" hawks sighed like beni was the one here causing problems.

"hmmmm...goggles? like pilot ones?"

beni saw in real time the grin take over hawks' face and the rumbling coooo noise that instinctually rose out of his throat.

"awww, you wanna look like me?-"

"don't push it,"

"noted - goggles it is! you want them colourful or plain?"

beni slowly blinked at him for a minute as smoke wafted out of her mouth before answering the question like it personally offended her.

"colourful, hawks - don't ask me stupid questions,"

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

beni had learnt her lesson since the entrance exam, so she showed up at u.a a whole hour earlier this time.

it was about quarter to eight by the time she made her way up the hill and settled on sitting outside at the stairs until they opened the doors.

she was quite proud of herself - punctuality had never been a strong suit of her (hawks' probably rubbed off on her on that front) and this was the first time she wasn't rushing out of the door to be somewhere.

that pride quickly diminished though once a blue haired asshole made his looming appearance at the top of the hill.

with the sun rising behind him, it almost looked like the second coming of christ - but then she remembered that she actually liked jesus - though she didn't have much love for walking-talking rule book who was currently making his way over to her.