youth

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"get off my couch,"

"i mean, it's technically mine since i pay the rent,"

there were loose red feathers strewn all over the stark white apartment, collecting around the blond that currently resided on the equally uninteresting couch - laid out on his back like he owned the place.

the sane part of beni's brain that sounded a lot like ka- her mentioned that it legally is - but she didn't feel like entertaining the thought.

there was a smirk on the blond's face as he took in the sight before him - a fifteen year old girl still wrapped in her blankets, white hair looking like a disheveled halo, framing the girl's orange eyes, slanted at the man in fury, obviously trying to give him the most murderous glare she could muster at half six in the morning on a saturday.

if he had no self preservation, he would say that she looked more like a disgruntled kitten rather than a serial killer, but he cared about leaving the apartment with all limbs intact at least a little bit.

after a heaving sigh left the girls mouth, he quickly backtracked and realised that he didn't care that much, actually

"you know, you look like a disgruntled kitten-OW!"

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

dry-cleaning - the absolute bane of beni's existence.

not because it costed money or actually warranted her to leave her enclosure for longer than she would like - no, no - it's because it was always followed by the blond headache known as her rent payer.

at quarter to seven on a saturday morning, the last thing she wanted to do was chaperone the loud bird down the empty streets of musutafu to the laundromat.

but, alas, here she was - at quarter to seven on a saturday morning, watching as the hero shoved all his loose red feathers into the washing machine.

have i mentioned it's a fucking saturday?

beni sat on the machine next to it, watching the hero put in the money and turn it on - standing back in pride once it started to spin.

she raised a brow, "does it not feel weird washing them?"

"huh?" the man cocked his head bird-like at the question, "oh - no, not really. it just feels like having wet hair, to be honest,"

beni hummed at the answer, slouching from her perch on the adjacent machine, staring off into nothing before her.

it was quiet in musutafu - the main reason as to why these weekly laundromat field trips took place on a saturday morning - there was no one walking on the streets, and the laundromat owner seemingly just wakes up to turn the 'closed' sign to 'open' before going back to sleep, because beni hasn't seen them once since the pair started going here.

a sigh made her realise the closeness of the pro hero to her. he had moved to lean his upper body on the washing machine she was rested on, tiny red wings fluttering behind him.

before she knew it, there was a buzzing sensation running up her calf and towards her knee, and she involuntarily smiled.

someone wants attention

thankfully, her jorts (which the hero quite literally spat on the first time he saw them) didn't cover her below the knee, stopping just before it, showing off the moving lemon shark circling up her calf, its large eyes focused only on the pro hero beside the girl.