You sighed, taking one last look at the tree before nodding. He took the bag from you, slinging it over your shoulder before holding out his arm. You allowed him to lead you from the apartment, both of you shivering as you stepped outside. You could feel his wings flutter, feathers rustling as the wind whipped through them. He wasn't kidding about the storm picking up; thick, heavy snowflakes were coming down now, the wind aggressive, causing you both to dash into the cab.

Thankfully, the cab was warm, and Keigo carefully wrapped a wing around you as you leaned forward to give your parents' address to the driver. He typed it in, and then suddenly you were off. The drive itself took a while, made longer by the increasingly worsening weather outside. You could tell Keigo was still cold, despite the driver running the heat full blast, his teeth chattering slightly as he leaned against you.

Thankfully, it didn't take too much longer, your gut twisting as the driver pulled up to the curb. Your childhood home hadn't really changed in the years since you had left it, and a wave of nostalgia hit you as you gazed at the familiar surroundings. The snow-covered yard, the festive decorations adorning the front porch – it all felt like stepping back in time.

Keigo helped you out of the cab, his wings providing a protective shield against the snow. As you approached the front door, a mix of anxiety and anticipation churned in your stomach. Keigo used a wing to nudge you before refolding it, drawing your attention to him. He smiled warmly at you, "It's gonna be okay. I'll be here the whole time. Are you ready?"

You nodded, taking a deep breath as he reached forward and knocked on the door firmly. It was a lie; you doubted you'd ever be ready to face your parents, but there was no other choice now. It only took a second before the door was pulled open, the pre-lit wreath smacking against the door, and light spilling out onto the porch as your mother stood before you. She was dressed nicely, her outfit screaming opulence, and she had aged since the last time you had seen her. Her hair was starting to grey, wrinkles and lines in places they hadn't been before. It was almost weird to see.

"Well, well, well," she said, a smile gracing her face as she looked at the two of you, her eyes seemingly glued on Keigo. "Look what the cat dragged in, or should I say, Hawk dragged in."

She let out a small, grating laugh, and Keigo blinked for a second before letting out a genuine laugh. You had to stop yourself from glaring at him; there was no way he thought that was actually funny. Clenching your jaw, you managed your own dry laugh at your mother's lame joke before taking a breath.

"Very funny, Mom. It's nice to see you," you said, avoiding her gaze as you kicked at the ground.

"Yes, dear," your mother said, tearing her gaze away from Keigo to look at you before turning back to him with a large smile. "And it's so nice to meet your new boyfriend, though it really is such a shame we had to hear about it from the TV and not our own daughter."

She let out a disgusted-sounding tut before uttering a small "oh," stepping aside to allow you into the house. "So sorry! Please come in! I know birds hate the cold, so come on in, Hawks, and get warmed up."

She smiled broadly at him, and it took everything in you not to gag. You could see Keigo flexing his wings next to you, the left one stretching slightly, and you could feel the feathers brushing against your back gently, comforting you slightly as he nodded.

"That would be great, thank you. I'm sure Y/N is freezing too," he replied, nudging you forward with it, and you quickly nodded in response. You passed by your mother, kicking off the snow from your shoes in the entryway before slipping them off. Keigo was quick to follow, your mother closing the door behind you both with a small hum of confusion.

"Oh, I always thought she liked the cold," she said, tilting her head in thought before straightening herself back up. "Anyway, come on in, sit by the fire!" She ushered you both into the den, the fireplace roaring with a warm, inviting glow. You clenched your jaw as your mother brushed past you, fussing over Keigo and helping him remove his jacket, getting him seated close to the fireplace. She quickly brushed back past you to the entryway, likely to hang it up, and you let out a small tut as she ignored you. You shook your head as you removed your own jacket, your agitation rising as you folded it over your arm before settling yourself down on the sofa next to your boyfriend.