agle janam

Wahaj and yumna had just wrapped up that one scene for Tere Bin with the famous dialogue, 'agar tumse koi ishq karne lage, toh kya karogi tum.' The tension was super strong during that scene that threw them both off guard, and lead them to reevaluate what the heck had just happened. Yumna headed towards the makeup room for touch up, and when she was done, took a seat on the couch inside. She found herself contemplating about her love life and began to ask herself what mohabbat means to her.  She was deep in thought until he walked in and took a seat in front of her. "Yumna kaha khoi hui ho?" he asked. She snapped back into reality and rather than answering his question, she questioned back, "What does love mean to you?" He slightly furrowed his eyebrows and was confused why she was asking this question. "Aise kyun poonch rahi ho?" he asked. "Bas aise hi", she replied. He took a deep breath and took a moment collecting his thoughts.

"Mohabbat qismat ki sabse badi dushman hain. Usse karne se bachna chahiye", he answered. She looked surprised and tilted her head. "Kyun? Tumhe mohabbat nahi hui", she asked. He analyzed every detail on her face and had a sad smile. "Zindagi mein mujhse ek galti hogayi, jo qismat me nahi thi, usse mohabbat ho gayi", he replied in a small voice. Yumna's eyes were on the verge of tears. She knew him and his indirect too well, but it was not appropriate to call him out on it. Wahaj knew she understood too, because that was the level of connection they had. He cleared his throat and began, "What about you? What are your thoughts on love?"

Yumna looked down at her lap, and let out a sigh. "Kaash me usse jaldi miljaati", she whispered. His heart tore at her confession, and knew exactly what she was implying. They stared at each other for a good amount of time, letting the outside world pass each moment. They wished they were able to stop time, and were able to stay in that moment forever, holding each other in their arms. The feelings and sensitivity were quickly disturbed when someone knocked on the door, and yumna got up and took a step out. Wahaj was left alone in the room with his thoughts. As much sadness was growing within him each passing day, unable to spend the rest of his life with her, he was grateful to God, for bringing her into his life and was able to spend each opportunity to her. He knew she felt the same way as him, which made him incredibly happy. He shed a tear, and whispered, "Agle janam tum meri hogi."