|4| Contract

Katherine

"I personally don't understand why we need to be involved in matters regarding a war."

"Unless there's one happening right now."

•••

Well this is awkward.

Currently, the confused group of people sat in the corner of the coffee shop, casting small, brief glances to the peers around them.

Katherine sat in the corner, having the best view of everything as usual.

She sat by the window with Armin next to her, and in front of her was Eren, with Mikasa smashed next to his thigh.

It was like a little group of introverts waiting for someone to speak.

Well, minus Eren.

"A-Ah, well, Katherine, you said you just received yours, right?"

Ah, such a nice little girl.

"Yeah, what is this thing even about anyway?" She muttered, a small, nervous smile lighting up her face as she flipped her packet open.

The other three had theirs out and Eren was currently skimming through his with a serious look while Mikasa stared at the side of his face.

Armin leaned closer, sliding her paper closer to Katherine's with the tips of her fingers.

"I can help you out with your choices, considering we'll probably be working together." She murmured, dipping her head lower to see Katherine's face.

She's so pretty.

Katherine nodded and looked at the first clause, pursing her lips outwards.

"What?"

Armin bobbed her head. "Precaution. Just to ensure that we don't speak of it outside of anyone but ourselves."

The clause stated in big, bold words that if anyone outside the four names that were listed inside the contract were to speak of anything regarding what the contract was about to outsiders, then there would be several consequences.

Yikes.

"What could be so important that is kids are having to get involved...?"

Now she wants to be a kid.

"Just keep reading..." Armin murmured as her eyes trailed quickly over her paper and then her own.

Perhaps comparing the two.

Katherine skimmed through it, her eyes widening by every second as the information was being layed out to her.

War... Gear... Needs experienced students-

"How the hell are we experienced?!" She hissed, slapping the paper down on the table.

Armin looked around and set her arm on the booth behind them, leaning closer and covered Katherine's ear with her free hand as she whispered into her ear.