|2| Sickeningly Beautiful

Katherine

"Knowing shorty, you'll probably be in there for the rest of my class period."

"And you're just going to let me go?"

•••

Good days.

People always have good days and bad days right?

Wrong.

So very wrong.

Some people just hate life and others. Some people just want to wake up and bash an orphans face in front of a family. Some people hate seeing others happy.

But him?

No.

He was never happy.

Not once had she'd ever seen him smile.

It was like her professor was a robot; a heart made of metal. It was cold and hard, just like him.

Katherine scowled as she walked to her last class for the day.

Biology.

She'd never exactly cared for biology... Correction, she was interested in some fields of that subject..

But her teacher was sort of...

"Is that Katherine Heathen Lewis finally attending my class?!" A voice boomed, loud and clear.

Katherine fixed her face, staring at the teacher giggling to themselves, as if they'd made the most funniest joke in the world.

Dark auburn like hair that was held up in a high ponytail. Thick, rectangle glasses hid a pair of bright, curious eyes. A smile that could light up anyone's day like the sun.

Her biology teacher, Professor Hange.

Professor Hange was a popular teacher at her college, for their sunny personality and confusing gender.

Many would ask the teacher, but they'd only respond with a, "What do you think?" And skip off with a smile.

And then one student overhead them talking on their phone with someone.
"She's non-binary."

And everyone would refer to them with pronouns they think would fit.

Katherine liked them on some days and didn't on other days.

That day was the latter.

She'd went home after staying in Health for two hours, and now it was two in the afternoon.

Almost there.

Professor Hange was big on teasing... Just a bit too much for Katherine's liking.

"Afternoon, Professor Hange..." She mumbled, walking straight past the large bear hug the person was going to engulf her in.

She heard a whimper, and could almost imagine their face. Lips pouted and their eyes big, almost like a puppys.