Chapter Fifteen: Madison

Comenzar desde el principio

"I know you do, Darlin. I am so sorry that you had to go through that alone. I promise you that you will never have to go through life alone ever again. I will be right here beside you through everything, the good and the bad." Lucas told me, interlocking our fingers and sitting them on my stomach.

"I know you are, and I will stand beside you too. We got each other now."

"Yes, we do. And I will never let you go. Are you hungry or need anything?"

"No, I am good right now. I might go back to sleep if that is okay with you?" I replied covering a yawn with my free hand that is not wrapped in Lucas' hand. I love how we talk, that is what we do. When we speak the other understands, listens, and helps when they can. Everything becomes comfortable with Lucas around.

"Get some rest, it will help you feel better. When you fall asleep, I will find me something to snack on."

I nodded, letting him know that I heard him as I closed my eyes. It is easier falling asleep with Lucas' arms wrapped around me. For once in my life, I feel safe, loved, and cared for. He has shown me in the brief time that we have known each other, how a relationship should be. A team working together and talking things out.

I know that I need to be more open with him, but I will get there. It will just take some time to truly find myself. I want to have a life I can be proud of. I want to finally be able to focus on my dreams, maybe with Lucas' help I can make them come true.

************

"Maddie Darlin it is time to wake up. The children will be here soon. We are going to have a pizza and movie night." Lucas said into my hair. I slept most of yesterday evening and all night, I guess I also slept the day away. I am feeling a lot better, it still hurts but it is not as bad.

"Are we going to have popcorn?" I asked sitting up and stretching my arms over my head. Wincing from the pain in my side from hitting the stairs.

"Of course we are. What kind of movie night would it be without popcorn?" Lucas laughed as he helped me out of bed. I did not have to ask for his help, it is like he knows what I need. I have never had that before, I always had to ask or do it myself. Most of the time it was just me.

"A really boring one." I replied, gazing up at him.

"It could never be a boring night with the kids around. They could keep us laughing for days." Lucas laughed as he took my arm in his. We need to get a move on it, slow poke. They will be waiting for days if we keep moving at this pace." He chuckled as we made our way through our bedroom door frame.

"They can wait as long as it takes. I will move faster tomorrow." I laughed; we were not moving that slow. It is not like it is a snail's pace.

"Momma!" I heard Sofia exclaim, as we finally made it to the end of the hallway. When she saw me, she took off at a run straight towards me.

"No, sofi-" Lucas did not have time to finish before she was there jumping into my arms.

"I missed you." Sofia said hugging me tight.

"I missed you to baby." I told her, trying to hide the pain that I am in. It would not have been so bad if she had not jumped into my arms, and I used my fast reflexes to catch her.

"You got to be easy with momma, she is still hurting." Lucas explained to the little girl, who was still in my arms. Leaning up against the wall so we would not fall over.

"I'm sorry." she replied, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"It's all right, next time just be careful. Come here so momma can go sit down." Lucas said, taking my arm and leading me to our couch. It is going to take a while to get used to thinking that this is ours. That we are in this together. I never had this with anyone before, it is nice to have this overwhelming feeling for once. I would not want to have this with anyone else. I am in love with Lucas Ford.