Death.

Jennie looked at her girlfriend right away to see what mattered most—her reaction.

"He's... dead?" Y/N stammered. "My brother is dead?" When the older person lost her balance, Jennie grabbed hold of her body. "Sit down right now," Nayeon ordered. "Did I kill him?" Y/N cried. "Why would you think that?" Nayeon asked, disdainfully. Jennie shot Nayeon a warning glance, knowing that this was the time to stop talking. "You have done nothing wrong. Remember?" The words Jennie had to say would remind Y/N of unpleasant experiences, so she hesitated.  "Baby, the police shot him." Y/N gave a nod, then released the younger's hands. "I think I remember that, but," She paused. "How, or when, did he die? On the scene, or did he make it to the hospital?" Y/N asked. "The hospital. The doctors were unable to save him." Nayeon responded because only she was aware of the situation. 

"This will be announced to the public on their morning news tomorrow. They must prepare a follow-up report." Nayeon revealed. "They cannot keep him in the mortuary forever, which is why I am telling you all of this." Looking at Nayeon, Jennie said, "What are you saying? Y/N eonnie has to plan a freaking funeral for her brother who did horrible-" Jennie shut her mouth when Y/N raised her hand to signal her to stop talking.

"I am still his family, despite what he did. It is up to either me or our mother to bury him." Y/N spoke softly to Jennie to help her calm down. "Nayeon is the closest thing I have to a sibling, even though she is legally my cousin. It took me some time to get used to the fact that I had a younger brother—well, a half-younger brother, but still." Y/N sighed. "It was not all bad before it went down."

"It went down because of him," Jennie spoke before rising and storming into Y/N's room.  

"Jennie was a wreck, Y/N," Nayeon revealed. "Did she tell you about what she did that night? What did made Irene eonnie do that night?" Y/N nodded.  "I will talk to her." Nayeon tried to offer, but Y/N stopped her. "Let me go speak with her." Shutting the door to her bedroom, Y/N looked into Jennie's tearful eyes from where she sat in the middle of her bed. "Are you upset with me, princess?" The older one approached the younger one slowly and asked.

"Is it wrong of me to say that I am?" Jennie painfully confessed. "After what he had done to you, I am not sure how you could still say that you have a younger brother." Y/N understood what her girlfriend was pointing out. "Maybe you had some enjoyable moments with him. That is great for you, but not for me." Y/N found the younger's next words very understandable. "The only memory I have of him is seeing what he had done to you through the screen of a phone." Jennie cried.

Y/N did not make any plysical contact just yet. She was about to speak, but Jennie cut her off. "Everything is moving way too fast. We're out to the damn public." Face buried in her hands, Jennie mumbled. Y/N frowned and asked what the younger meant. "Are you... blaming him for exposing us to the public?" Observing the shift in tone, Jennie began to worry that she might have said something incorrectly. "Do you not agree? Everybody is aware of us. Everybody, baby." Jennie attempted to grasp her girlfriend's hand, but she was swatted aside instead.

Did she make a mistake? Did she say something that caused this?

"What's wrong?" Jennie asked with a sigh at the end. "Hey, would you please look at me?" She reached for her girlfriend again, only to be swatted again. Jennie was irritated now. "What is the matter with you?" At last, Y/N met her enraged gaze. "You did not think I would be a little offended by what you said?" Her voice was enraged. 

"Well, instead of slapping me away, could you please tell me what I said?" Jennie's voice was quite loud this time. Y/N scoffed, not surprisingly, since she did not think Jennie was hearing her.

"Hey!" The door opened, revealing Nayeon with a perplexed expression in the eyes of both girls. "I can hear you both from outside! Why are the two of you yelling at each other?" They both remained silent. Jennie cast one last glance at her girlfriend, who was visibly furious. "I think I should go," Jennie announced as she hopped out of her girlfriend's bed. She walked away, failing to notice the owner's expression shift from enraged to wounded.