28 | pink evening sky

₊‧꒰ა❤︎໒꒱ ‧₊

As commanded, Sana hastened into the art studio of their apartment, once she and Shrest had gotten back home. There weren't many canvases left,except the ones that were half done. They were all just strokes of colours. Palettes and brushes lay around with dirty cloths filled with paint stains.

"You really need to clean up the place."

"I like it messy."

He pulled open a drawer and picked up a square box. Then, he turned to her.

"What's that?"

He flicked open the box. It had a ring in it.

Sana stared at him. He stared at her.

"Why aren't you getting on your knees?"

Shrest blinked. "This isn't a proposal."

A pause.

His signature mischievous grin appeared, making Sana wary. He slowly inched closer to her while she backed away. When she finally hit the desk and realised there was no space to further back away, he closed in.

"What? You want to marry me already?"

"No. We just started dating. I just...I saw a ring. So..."

Shrest laughed. "It's just a ring I wanted to gift you. No other meaning behind it. Just a gift. I couldn't give you a gift for your birthday this year. So, take this as a birthday gift."

Sana examined the signet ring. It was gold with a pink signet on it.

"It isn't just any signet ring. Open it up. The signet is more like a locket."

She opened it up. Inside it was a rice grain painting of a pink evening sky.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it." She slipped it on her ring finger and then stared up at him.

Shrest smiled and leaned towards her. "So what now?"

Sana gazed into his eyes. "For now, we just continue being in each other's bubbles."

Shrest blinked. "That gives me an idea for a painting."

Sana slapped his shoulder, playfully. "Stop ruining the mood."

"What mood?"

Sana let out a sigh and pulled him close, pressing her lips to his.

Under the vibrant hues that collide and create more shades of the evening sky, they found everything they needed.

They found each other.

₊‧꒰ა❤︎໒꒱ ‧₊

wordcount: 340 words

author's note: thank you for reading Sana and Shrest's journey. we have come to the end.

THE END