13 | unexpected goodbyes & gifts

₊‧꒰ა❤︎໒꒱ ‧₊

The doorbell of Sana's house rang in the morning, oddly. They usually never had visitors at 8 in the morning.

Her mother had gone out to the grocery store to grab some of the early morning deals the market sellers shouted about.

Sana opened the door. Shrest stood outside the door. He had a bag slung on his shoulder and suitcases on the side.

"Where are you going?"

Shrest managed a smile. "To college."

"Already?"

Shrest nodded. "I've been accepted. I wanted to settle there early and get acclimated to the city."

Sana nodded, closing the door behind her. "I see."

A pause. The two took the other in carefully, knowing they wouldn't be seeing each other for awhile.

"Have a safe journey. Study well." Sana said, scrambling for words.

Shrest handed her a wrapped gift. "Here. This was also supposed to be for your birthday."

Sana took it, surprised. "Thank you. You didn't have to."

Shrest shrugged. "Anyways, I need to go now. The taxi is waiting."

Sana looked up at him. "I'm sorry about yesterday. I was being hard on you."

"No. You were only being realistic. That's alright."

Sana nodded. "You should go now. Don't keep the taxi waiting."

Shrest nodded, pulling his bag down a little. "Yeah. See you later."

"Yeah. Bye."

In the end, she had kept the gift carefully inside a cupboard and had decided to open it later. Overwhelmed by his sudden departure, she had spent the day watching TV and having ice cream. In the end, she forgot about the gift.

After her entrances had gotten over and she had gotten into a college. She left home.

The gift remained in the cupboard.

 ₊‧꒰ა❤︎໒꒱ ‧₊

wordcount: 411 words

author's note: that concludes the first part.