CHAPTER 1 : Arrangements

This story started before I was even born

My mom, Anna Sarocha was introduced by her parents to Marco Armstrong at the age of 5.

Marco was the only son of Armstrong Industries and was the sole heir of their billion dollar fortune whilst my mom was the only daughter of Sarocha Corporation.

The Sarochas weren't blessed to have a son, so all the pressure to continue the family line rested on my mom's shoulders.

Since young she was groomed to the highest standards and was matched to Marco from an early age.

The two grew up together and relied on each other
They were each other's confidant, but love never blossomed between them

They could never see each other as anything more than a sibling, so they devised a plan to cancel their predestined wedding.

It was a mess, and it created a big scandal.

They eventually succeeded in canceling the wedding, but it was done at the expense of their family's century old friendship.

Marco was taken back to their native land of Switzerland, where their family had chosen to reside permanently.

The Armstrongs had made a tough decision to slowly transition all of their businesses to Europe, and eventually, both families lost contact.

In turn, Sarocha Corporation had taken advantage of the Armstrongs absence in the Thailand market and had swallowed their market share and influence.

Anna, who couldn't escape another political marriage, was then wedded to Jason Chankimha, who was the sole heir of Chankimha Industries.

Chankimha Industries, at that point in time, was the biggest tech moguls in Thailand and Korea, and so tying both companies together seemed to be a fitting decision for both parties.

This marriage was the foundation of what is now known as S-C Incorporated.

Now, almost the entire of Thailand is under the silent rein of the Sarochas and Chankimhas.
Their field of influence has even encompassed the whole of Asia.

Marco, on the other hand, was also arranged to be married to another family friend, Margaret Anurak

Margaret was the daughter of business tycoon Bright Anurak.

Anurak Emporium was, at that time, the biggest hotel and retail chain in the whole of Thailand.

That was before it was merged to Armstrong Industries and stands as the only venture that Armstrongs have in Asia.

Since then, Chankimha's and the Armstrong's have chosen to silently stay in their own lanes,  carefully avoiding touching the invisible lines that may lead to war.

The Chankimha's never stepped into the hotel and retail chain in Thailand and Europe and rather expanded in other fields.

The Chankimha's focus on expanding outward of Thailand and targetted the rest of the Asian markets and the US, whilst the Armstrong's never expanded in Thailand and prioritized the European market instead.

This was a tacit understanding that both parties had agreed on to keep the peace.

That was at least until the elder Mr. Chankimha and Mr. Armstrong died.

A whole 20 years after the split of what was supposed to be a world crumbling union.

Now, where does our story come in?

Well, you see, my mom and Marco loved and respected each other as siblings, and they had promised to end the family feud once and for all.

They were the cause of the mess, and they pledged to be the ones who fixed it.

Anna and Marco never stopped communicating.

They refused to let go of the genuine friendship and familial relationship that they had built since childhood, so little by little, they had made moves of reconciliation.

They had then decided later on to continue the earlier goal of the Sarocha and Armstrong union by pledging to marry their daughter, me, Freen Sarocha Chankimha, to the eldest son of the Armstrongs

I was then sent to the States by my parents pretty early in life.

They said it was so that I could have a normal life away from the politics, and the media.

That was the start of how I was hidden as soon as I was born.

My identity was a closely guarded secret

Only a select few was entrusted to know of my existence

The rest of the world was kept in the dark.

So it wasn't a surprise when I grew up pretty lonely

I was raised in a big house across the globe with nothing but my nanny and a handful of trusted servants.

I didn't really have a fun childhood and grew up pretty introverted.

Being alone most of the time didn't really help me outgrow my shyness and aloofness.

But all this changed when I was first introduced to Becky.

Becky, who was born a couple of months younger than me, became my first friend.

We met when I was 5 years old

One day, she was brought by Marco and Margaret to the States for the same reasons as my parents did; So that Becky could have a normal childhood.

I don't think they understand the meaning of normal, though, as none of this was normal.

It wasn't normal for children to be away from their family.

It wasn't normal for us to live in a lonely box they dared to call a home away from home.

It wasn't normal to be told to never use our real names.

It wasn't normal to be sworn for secrecy.

It wasn't normal to be hidden.

None of this was normal. Even as a child. I knew that.

I'm sure as young as Becky was. She knew it too, but it's not as if children could talk.

We were abandoned, but thankfully, we still had each other.

*****************************

Hi loves,

How was this chapter?

Is this something that you find promising?

Should i continue this story?

P.S
I know that Sarocha is Freen's first name but I didn't want to have another last name for this story so u just went with it

Please let me know because the author is divided, haha

I would love to hear from you guys

Your comments mean a lot :)

Sincerely Yours,
Your overly ambitious author
Cha 😘