Chapter 3: Eliza Joins The Party (and there's no stopping her from doing so)

Notes:

I guess we're back to the slower updates, huh...

But I think this chapter is a bit of a breather after all the drama that happened last chapter, so yeah.

-------------------------------

Stella had absolutely no idea where the faces would be. But as she was walking along the path she had an idea. She would just explore every inch of the hills. After all, if she found Eliza's face there everyone else's had to be somewhere on the hills too. And soon after setting out, Stella saw a butterfly with eyes on its wings like the one she saw before she entered the town. The butterfly quickly charged at her, and she dove out of the way and hit the butterfly with her frying pan. The butterfly then tackled Stella shortly before she dealt the finishing blow, and the butterfly disappeared leaving a few coins on the ground. As the pair of eyes floated away, Stella heard a voice from the charm again.

"Ho ho! Those faces just fly right off of the defeated monsters, eh?" The guardian spirit began.

"You could talk outside of that place you kept teleporting me to earlier?" asked Stella, who had already started walking along the path.

"Yes, I could. Why do you ask?" The guardian spirit responded.

"If that's the case, why did you send me to that strange place?"

"Well, I could only talk to you like this after you received the divine power. You were also being attacked by a slime. But now, as I was saying..." The guardian spirit continued.

"Whoever owned that face has you to thank for freeing it. Just like with that youngster you helped earlier...put another way, defeating monsters helps people get their faces back. So keep defeating monsters, and help as many people as you can! Can you do that for me, Stella?" They finally concluded.

"...Do I really have a-"

Before Stella could finish her sentence, a butterfly lunged into her and another flew out of the surrounding bushes. Stella fell to the ground. "Umm... I don't think I can fight two of these things..." Stella said worriedly. And Stella learned from her previous encounter that these butterflies hit surprisingly hard. So Stella--

"HOLD ON STELLA, I'M COMING TO SAVE YOU!" Somebody yelled.

Immediately, Stella turned to face them. That person was Eliza. Again. Eliza was running at Stella, waving around a microphone. Eliza was now also wearing a red and blue skirt with a white top. She also had two small red bows in her hair, and matching gloves.

 Eliza then hit both butterflies with her microphone drawing the butterflies' attention

Eliza then hit both butterflies with her microphone drawing the butterflies' attention. Stella took this opportunity to get back up to hit one while it was distracted with Eliza. That butterfly disappeared, the eyes flew away, and some more gold coins were left behind.