𝐕: 𝐃rink Your Poison

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

         "WHAT IF WE JUST went to go check up on them? Just to see how they are."

"Everly, they're fine."

"Sure, maybe." Zenaida mumbled as she walked beside Luke - her hand in his. "But they're not on a walk to retrieve the golden fleece, they're getting a glimpse at their deathbed."

The couple was making their way down a sidewalk - other people jostling around them while cars flooded the streets. There was the occasional aggressive honk from one of the vehicles, which made Zenaida glad that she couldn't drive. Or had a permit.

She hadn't really left camp since she was thirteen, when she first arrived. She didn't have much reason to - it just wasn't safe for her here.

But why was she here then? A certain someone had convinced her to.

And if this did work out - if they could at least live somewhat of a normal life, then that meant so could everyone else. They were so used to living in fear that it prevented them from being able to live at all. But this could give everyone that opportunity to move past that. It could prove that there was more for them then what the gods told them.

"Even if we wanted to, I'm gonna remind you that we have no idea where they are." Luke teased as he squeezed her hand.

"Okay, fair." She begrudgingly admitted. "But even just a quick Iris message—"

"Zenaida."

"Mon Dieu, mon amour, how are you so calm?" Zenaida exclaimed as she ran her free hand over her face.

He simply grinned at the sound of her accent, nudging her shoulder with his. "Huh, so you learned French with no issue, but can't say the name of a simple Spanish dish?"

"You had me nervous." She said as she pursed her lips. "Don't try and change the subject. How are you so calm?"

"Because I'm not focusing on the wrong thing." Luke said as he released her hand to slink his arm over her shoulder.

"How am I—"

"And," he interrupted - his expression softening. "You just have to trust them a bit more."

Zenaida let out a small breath. "But they're just kids. They shouldn't be having to do this."

"I know, I know." He said softly as he rubbed her shoulder.

He looked at her for a moment before perking up and giving her a small smile. "But, hey, you won't have to worry about that."

"Because I'll be focused on the right thing, Castellan?" She deadpanned.

"No," he gave her a look. "Because I'll take care of it."

She raised a brow at him. "How?"

"It's a surprise." Luke teased.

"Of course it is." She said - deciding to play along for now. "I think we're here."

She nodded over to the apartment building in front of them. A sudden shock of nerves shot through her as she looked over the tall building. Her gaze went up at the sky above - not seeing any dark clouds or hearing any warning signs of thunder. She wasn't doing anything wrong.

"Ready?" He asked - his smile returning.

She toyed with her ring before nodding. "As I'll ever be."

★彡'。﹏ৎ۶٩و౨