Chapter 16 - We're having a baby, Sammy!

Start from the beginning

"Hey there little one" he whispered. My heart melted. I placed one hand on top of his and rubbed my thumb. Sam looked up at me, his eyes turned puppy like again. A strand of his hair had fallen into his eyes.

"But how?"

"I don't know. I think that first time weeks ago, the condom must have split or something. But it's okay because I'm ready for it"

"You are amazing" he enclosed his lips against mine. I placed my other hand on his cheek. We both still had one hand on my belly. He rubbed my back with the other, pulling me closer to him. Our lips separated. We sat there, gazing into each other's eyes and smiling. Sammy was still beaming.

"So all that time I thought you were ill..."

"I wasn't" I finished for him. He laughed and booped my nose.

"You tricked me"

"I know" I smiled. His mouth fell straight again.

"How did you know? I mean, how far along are you? There's a lot of questions Jessie" he said, quickly. I placed my hand on his chest.

"Sammy it's okay. I'll give you the run down"

We lay down together, heads touching as I spoke.

"Cas first noticed it right at the beginning. He was the one who told me and he's been checking up on me ever since. In terms of the timeline, I've just finished the first trimester. So I'm about 13 weeks. I was so desperate to tell you, but Cas told me to keep it from you until the first 12 weeks were over-"

"Why?" he frowned.

"In case of a miscarriage". He fell silent. I could see him thinking. I continued.

"But seeing as I made it through the first trimester, a miscarriage now is extremely unlikely. It was so hard keeping it from you Sammy. So hard. All these weeks I had to pretend I was ill with some bad ass flu. I mean, it really did feel like that sometimes. Those first 12 weeks were no joke."

His eyes watched me as I spoke, taking it all in.

"Who else knows? Is it only Cas?"

I hesitated before answering. I had told Dean but not Sammy. But that wasn't on purpose.

"Dean. He knows"

"Why did you tell him and not me?" he didn't sound angry, just curious.

"It was the morning after I'd found out and I was shaken up already. He could tell I'd been feeling sick for the past week. I think he knew I was keeping something from him. I was eating breakfast before work. We started chatting and he caught me in the lie. I couldn't hold my tears back and ended up crying and telling him everything. You were still asleep. That's why he's been extra protective of me recently."

Sam nodded and closed his eyes. He placed one hand on my hair and ran it up and down.

"So..."

"So" I said back.

"What now?" he opened his eyes again.

"Well uh... I just carry this baby around for another 27 weeks according to Cas. He'll do weekly check-ups. Dean will be his big brother self to both you and me, as usual. And I've uh... got to tell Jack. I haven't told him yet. But I think he suspects. At least a little anyway."

Sam smirked and yanked me up. "So then, let's go and tell him". I laughed and followed him out of the room.

We made it to the living room where Dean was already sat with Cas. He eyed us. Cas was watching a bug run around on the table.