"What the bloody hell are you doing, woman?" Sir William's sudden bark startled her into dropping Hoss' feet and falling back onto her bottom with a barely muffled squeal of surprise; her hand clenched to her breast as she glared at the odious man currently staring at her from his half-risen position on the floor, his eyes still cloudy and unfocused from too much drink.

"Trying to get Hoss into your study." She bit, rising to her feet, absentmindedly brushing at her nightgown as she spoke.

"By dragging him?" Sir William grinned, seeming to find her attempt amusing, though given his state, she doubted there was much he wouldn't find amusing at the moment.

"Well, I certainly can't carry him now can I?" she shot back, her glare intensifying, then vanishing as she watched Sir William get to his feet. Taking a moment to reclaim his balance before awkwardly walking over to Hoss and picking him up, wrapping one arm around Sir William's neck while his left arm wrapped around Hoss' waist, keeping his body from entangling itself with Sir William's legs as he half walked, half dragged the man into the middle of his study and unceremoniously dropped him there, the callousness of the action causing Nan to wince since she knew well enough that Hoss would be feeling that landing in the morning.

"Will there be anything else, Ma'am?" Sir William turned back to Nan, standing as straight as his drunken body would allow, before giving a curt salute and then falling to his knees as he made to step forward.

Quickly, Nan rushed to his side, taking his arm about her shoulders, trying to steady him as he slowly tried to regain his feet.

"I think we'd best get you to bed," Nan remarked, looking over Sir William's unstable feet and battered face. With his scars, the cuts, bruises, and welts that now adorned his features looked far worse than she hoped they were.

"If you insist, Ma'am." He grinned down at her wolfishly, his hand slipping from about her shoulders to her waist, casually resting on her hip as his grin widened. Nan did nothing to stop his unwanted movements; she had handled drunks before and could tolerate a certain amount of touching. She only tolerated Sir William's now because she had heard enough tales of Sir William's drunken temper to know it would be best that she keep her own in check while she tried to walk him from his study to his room.

The trek was long and unsteady, as several times Nan had to hurry to correct his balance before he sent them both careening into a wall, door, or yet another in-table. When they finally reached his room, Nan quickly opened the door and stumbled in with him, his feet deftly tangling with hers and bringing them both to the floor in an awkward heap that somehow ended up with Nan on top of Sir William, straddling him.

"Whoa, there, love. If you wanted me that badly, you could have had me in the study." He smiled, his hands resting on her hips as she glared down at him.

"For a man in your current condition, I think you'd have some trouble rising to that particular occasion," Nan replied, annoyed with the liberties his drunken mind was taking, even though she knew he could take such liberties sober. He had said she would stay with him as his Mistress, which brought forth an assumed understanding that she would willingly share his bed, whether she liked the idea or not. And while she had told him, she was no man's whore. No man had ever offered to look after Jamie the way he had and was.

"For you, love, I'd rise to any occasion." Sir William beamed, the drunken pleasure in his voice making his tone a husky purr as he raised a hand to cup her cheek, gently stroking the flesh beneath his thumb.

"Bold words for a man who cannot even make it to his own bed." Nan retorted sharply.

"What need have I for a bed, when this position suits me well enough?" He rose, both hands to her face.