Ch 4

Shorter chapter today cuz my poor ass is busy and will explode if I don't rest.

Mary On

Me and the girls were finishing eating. I had noticed the short sized woman that was having a peacefully looking meal with that disgusting serial killer, aka Alastor, everyone's favourite radio host.

Poor lady, has no idea with who she is eating with.

I looked out at the window of the restaurant, spotting that the men were already done eating and were waiting for us in front of the restaurant.

I look at the ladies on my tables who ate peacefully and then looked at their half full plates.

They wasted all their time simping for this motherfucking serial killer.

"Ladies, the others are already done. I'm almost sure it's already time to go back to work." I eat the last piece of my delicious food.

I must admit, the food in this place is impressively good.

The girls look at me and then at the place I was looking before, seeing the men and then started to eat slightly quickly.

I hear a slight chuckle when they started to eat faster and I looked at where the chuckle came from.

I spotted Alastor on the other table chuckling to himself as he side eyed me and the little lady next to him smiled while she ate her food.

Alastor noticed me looking and his smile widened, his look turned into a menacing one. He finished his act by winking at me and then turned to eat his food.

I look away, anxiety filled my chest.

Oh, I'll get his smug smile out of his face once I report him to the police, he'll see.

No, wait, I can't do that. If I do he's going to kill me.

But if I'm quick enough he won't even have time to kill me before going to the prison,

or getting killed by the police.

Urgh, it doesn't matter anyway. I don't have time today anyway and I guess he'll leave me alone.

I wish I hadn't seen that.

**

After sometime the ladies had finished eating and I quickly got out of the same place as Alastor. The girls followed me, not as quickly as some girls looked back at Alastor.

It was time to go back to the theatre and do our duties.

As we returned to the theatre after our meal at the nearby restaurant, I realized that I couldn't even get inspiration out of the experience, thanks to the anxiety that filled me the whole time.

Stepping through the doors, we were greeted by the familiar sight of the stage and everyone quickly got to their places as I slowly walked to my usually place on the front row of chairs in the theatre.

I sat down sighing deeply as I throw myself on to the chair, messaging my head with both hands, my eyes squeezed together in disapproval.

The workers, which hadn't come with us, slowly crawled out of their hide places. They were usually there for work purposes only, different then the actors, those who liked to interact while working.

Tho, instead of the lively sounds of people moving around with motivation and the flowing inspiration, there was a sad atmosphere.

Everyone seemed tense as they all looked at me in confusing.

I was the soul of this theatre, the inspiration, the hope and the magic of this place.

But with me down, this place seemed more like a depressed teens club or a funeral even.

A sight was heard not very far from me and the sound of steps played right after.

"You 'kay gal? you've kinda' down since we got outta the restaurant" Bessie asked as she held my shoulder. I slightly opened my eyes, looking at her, her look filled with worry.

"I'm okay, I guess there's just a bit of inspiration missing" I chuckle nervously, trying to hide my problems behind a smile.

"Isn't the piece to your likin'" Bessie asks again.

"I feel like something is missing" I say as I signal one of the workers to give me the script.

Bessie looks at the other workers as they shrug, no one knows what to do, they all look at the playwright and he shrugs as well.

I hear soft sighs coming from some of the familiar voices.

It's not like we have anything to do if one piece is missing, at least nothing interesting.

"Well, let's train" I declare as I stand up and clap my hands together, "actors to their places, first act, first scene, we are taking this from the start."

"Dear, can you tell me if the clothes are already done?" I ask one of the designers and he shakes is head, " well then you know what you have to do. Remember, it's never too much! Keep it flowing, it never is too extra."

And so the day kept on, hiding my anxiety and stress behind my orders and bossy attitude.

The work had finally ended and Bessie and Caroline we're finishing cleaning their things together with me. Suddenly, I remembered how dangerous it is for me to go to the club alone, so I looked at both girls and started speaking.

"Uhm, Hey, uh, I know it's weird since I never asked this but, I'm kind of worried of the killing happening, they are getting closer and closer to places we go. So I was wondering if you two would like to meet in front of my house before going to the club" I ask slightly fidgeting with my fingers.

The girls looked each other for a second and so Caroline smiled and Bessie did the same right after.

"Sure I don't mind! We'll meet at 7:30 pm? Today we need to get earlier there to meet the Mimzy flapper's." Caroline answers and a bright smile appears in my lips.

"Sure thing, are we still going to see if Elma is alright"

"Of course we are, have time now? We can go right now." Caroline says and Bessie look at both of us, waiting for an explanation.

"Y'all goin' a' meet Elma? Can I go with ya'?" Bessie steps into the conversation and Caroline giggles.

"Sure, if Mary doesn't mind"

"Oh I don't mind" I shake my hand and shrug my shoulders, "actually I was going to ask if you wanted to come with us." I smile and Bessie smiles back.

"Well let's go then" Caroline declares as she grabs her bag and positions it on her shoulders.

"Actually I have been pretty worried with Elma haven't ya'?"

"Yes, that's why we are going to meet her, just to at least make sure she's okay you know?"

"Ah yeah, I think she probably is with a headache or sum',"

"Probably"

We chatted away as we exited the theatre and I closed it for the day.

---

Like I said, really short chapter with only 1110 words. I've been a bit overwhelmed by school, it's the last weeks for my trimester so I need to work hard, but when I get into vacation I promise that long and satisfying chapters will come out.

See ya in the next chapter, (please?)