Ashwin: Naa enna pannatum Panda? I am not able to look at him. He did nothing wrong, I am the one to be blamed....

He stopped his blabber when Sivaangi sniffed him in her sleep, snuggling to his head. Ashwin laughed when her arm looped around his neck and her legs were on his lap.

Her innocent face calmed his racing heart and he leaned in, dashing his forehead on hers.

Ashwin: Settai settai, thoongum podhum settai.

He pulled her chubby cheeks and rubbed it quickly hearing her sleepy whine.

Ashwin: Vitta ipdiye ukandhu iruppen pola. Naa appa kitta poren. Nee nalla thoongu.

He dashed his forehead on hers once again and closed all the curtains for her to have a comfortable sleep.

Ashwin came out of the room and straightaway went to his room. Rakshan was pacing in the room, biting his nail. Ashwin gestured him to leave and after sharing a brotherly hug, Rakshan stepped out to give some time to the dad-son.

It's been two years since Ashwin spoke to his father. Unfortunately, it was Ashwin who stopped talking as he was guilty for not achieving his goal. He didn't wanted to bring excuses to his only supporter, so refrained from talking itself.

Ashwin has this habit of shutting himself off and this time, it was his father who had to face this side of his.

Lakshmikanthan came out of the restroom, wiping his face with a towel.

Lakshmikanthan: Hello sir. Naa yaaru nu theriyudhungala??

Ashwin couldn't face his father and tugged his head down, facing the floor. His dad neatly hung the towel on the railing for it to dry and wore one of Ashwin's shirt from the wardrobe. The dad-son were a spitting image of each other, with the same physique.

Ashwin couldn't fight the smile that threatened to escape his lips when he saw his dad in that lemon yellow plain shirt, which is one of his favourites.

Lakshmikanthan made a quick call to Mukundan, asking him to take care of the work till he returns. Ashwin felt home, hearing his dad talk about work and badly missed his house at Coimbatore.

Ashwin's dad sat on the edge of the bed, scrolling through his phone, waiting for his son to talk but the son had literally zipped his lips. Feeling frustrated, Ashwin's dad called Rakshan to the room.

Rakshan: Sollunga pa...

Lakshmikanthan: Why is your friend standing here as if I punished him? Ishtam illai na solla sollu da, I'll leave.

He sounded hurt and a tear trickled from Ashwin's right eye, which he quickly wiped off. He walked to Rakshan and tried to look at his dad but gave up and turned to face Rakshan.

Ashwin: Rakshan, naa samachidren. Enakku konjam groceries mattum vaangitu vandhudu da.

Lakshmikanthan: Adhellam onnum venaam.

Ashwin: Raksha, nee po. I'll message you the list.

Lakshmikanthan: Why should he cook for a stranger? Naa unna paaka than vandhen nu sollu da avankitta.

Ashwin sighed and kind of glared at Rakshan, asking him to help out.

"What can I do?" He mouthed to Ashwin but closed his mouth when Ashwin glared him.

Lakshmikanthan: Raksha, endha ulgathula irukka nee?

Rakshan: Appa, enna neengalum unga pullaiyum maathi maathi enna moraikkuringa. Dei Ashwin, pesi tholaiyen da appakitta.