chapter 6: school trip

Start from the beginning

        So we went to the table tennis section and funny enough, the new boy was there. Richard was playing the tennis like he was a legend or so. He won a lot of students while playing the tennis, but him and Rhea had a tie cause Rhea was so damn good at it. Before Richard came to pentville academy, Rhea was the number one best in playing table tennis in the whole of pentville. Now that Richard has come to pentville, with his skill, you can see that he was very good at it also, but who would be the number one best between Rhea and Richard was what we don't know. After the tie between Rhea and Richard, Anita played against someone and won also.

When it was my turn to play, that was when Veronica and the PRAS girls came. I knew that they just came to pick on me "as usual" and also to laugh at me cause I wasn't so good in playing table tennis. Infact, if not for Rhea who normally teach me, I don't think I would even know how to be able to hold a tennis bat. Tina was trying to signal me that I shouldn't focus my mind on Veronica and her crew, rather I should focus on what am about playing. So I told myself that it doesn't matter if the PRAS girls were present or not, I just have to believe that they ain't even existing. My opponent came out and it was that good for nothing John.

................my gosh!!! Why is this even happening right now? I haven't even gotten over the fact that the PRAS girls are here to ridicule me and now, john is my opponent!!............

       Well Seeing John alone, I already knew that I had failed the game but still, I gathered strength and played against him. But he still won me which I knew he would, because he is also good at tennis but not to the level of Rhea and Richard. During the last round of when I failed, the PRAS girls laughed at me but I didn't care, cause I know that it's their usual habit. my friends and I, went away from the table tennis section and went to play Scrabble. Well, am so good at Scrabble and whot also, so it's no doubt that I won my friends and some students who also played along with us. The bell was rang for sport period to end.

All the students weren't happy because they still wanted to play a little but guess there is time for everything right? Am sure that if they had the chance to still continue sport, they wouldn't mind. But the teachers chased everyone back inside and warned the stubborn students who didn't want to go back to the class that they would get a detention and stay behind while other students are going on a school trip. Everyone obediently went to the classroom. We had maths as first period, then history was double period. After history class, the bell was rang for break period.

            During break period, the school was noisy, as mostly students were still murmuring in doubt if we were still going to go on the school trip. Even I, was still wondering why we haven't gone yet because it was already 12:30pm. i ate a few snacks and drank some pineapple juice. Soon, the bell was rang for break over as at 1:30pm. Students headed back to the class. On my way to the class, I bumped into Richard cause I was hurrying to get to class on time. I quickly told him sorry without looking at his face or even allowing him to utter a word. Then I rushed to the class like someone who was being chased by a ghost or something.

When I got to class, our next teacher came in and it was our music teacher. She is a female in her early 20's. She has a very nice voice that when she sings, you would wish that you had like her type of voice. She wore a gown and a pair of sandals. She taught us a new topic and asked each of us to sing a song so that she could correct us when we are off key or when we divert to another note. Well, it was a bit ugly as some students were just shouting, thinking they were vocalizing but soon music class was over and finally the last class was literature. After literature, all the students were asked to assemble at the school hall for a brief announcement.

        Everyone anxiously rushed to the hall to hear the announcement but this time, it was our principal herself who came out to give the announcement. She started by saying: "please no noise". The noise died and was buried down instantly. So she continued by first, apologizing for taking long to inform us about the school trip, and that it wouldn't be possible today. Then murmurs rose again but faded with time. She continued by saying: "luckily tomorrow, you all would embark on the school trip and also you all would be paired tomorrow morning'. She finished her statement with: "once again, am sorry for the misinformation". And she left the hall.

You all have heard what the principal said, so you can dismiss and go home but don't forget to come to school early, else you would be left behind!!! Mrs Magreth said.

..............By the look on some students face, you could tell that they weren't happy that the school trip didn't hold this Wednesday but they were still happy that it would take place tomorrow............

        Even I, was happy that the trip would still take place because when the principal came to address us,vi taught she wanted to tell us that the trip had been cancelled and that would have been a total heartbreak for almost all the students. But phew!!! Thank God that it wasn't cancelled but prosponed. Although I was happy, I was also a bit worried because the trip is tomorrow and I still don't know who I will be paired with. Well I know that no one knows who he or she would be partners with, but the thing is that I just don't want to be paired with people I hate, like the CIAP boys or the pras girls.

Suddenly I developed goosebumps, but I tried to calm myself down by not overthinking about the issue. Well, that doesn't means I will completely forget about the issue but I just can't wait to know who will be my partner for the school trip!!!!

          Speaking of me wanting to know who will be my partner, Which leads me to the bigger question which is: "why are we being paired or getting a partner?"