"Look, listen, just trust me. Everyone is in danger."

Again, EJ rolled his eyes, and crossed his arms, unimpressed. "It's one hell of a way to introduce yourself. Hi, you're in danger."

The Doctor rummaged through his pockets to reveal the jellyfish-creature from the tunnels, a foul pong radiating from it. "I need to find out exactly what this is, because then I'll know exactly what we're fighting."

There was an awful grimace upon her face as she gazed at it. "Yay."

For whatever reason, EJ didn't want to be alone today. Perhaps it was losing Frank which made him feel more vulnerable than before. Or, perhaps it was just one of those days when being with the Doctor made everything feel a little bit easier. That was why he followed the Doctor into the back room, near the manhole they'd escaped the tunnels through, where all of the props were stored.

Though, EJ was choosing not to be of any help. He could've asked what to do, or what he could find, and really, he knew already, but it was much more fun to watch. The Doctor was running towards a set of discarded lights as the Thompson boy jumped up onto one of the tables.

"How 'bout this?" Solomon asked, slowly, handing him a red metal box as he approached. "Found it backstage."

"Perfect. It's the capacitors I need." The Doctor took the back off it, and opened up the extra panels and wiring. "I'm just rigging up a crude DNA scan, for this beastie. If I can get a chromosomal reading, I can find out where it's from."

"How about you, Doctor?" Solomon raised an eyebrow, though he barely looked him in the eyes. "Where are you from? I been all over, I never heard anybody talk like you. Just exactly who are you?"

"Oh," He sighed, blowing on the metal he'd taken out of the red box. "I'm just, sort of, passing by."

"I'm not a fool, Doctor."

"No." He gulped, quickly becoming aware of what he'd said. "Sorry."

Solomon turned the corner, with the others following him, as he pondered. He stood beside the manhole, looking down on it with guilt. EJ could see it, hidden behind his eyes. Solomon was too proud to let it show obviously.

"I was scared, Doctor." Solomon stared at his feet. "I let 'em take Frank cos... I was just so scared."

Silence overcame them, and EJ shifted closer to the Doctor. "Being scared isn't always a bad thing."

"I've got to get back to Hooverville." He said, shaking his head. "With those creatures loose, we gotta protect ourselves. Cos no one else is gonna help us."

"Good luck." The Doctor called back to him as the American left.

Solomon just nodded their way. "I hope you find what you're looking for, for all our sakes."

Truthfully, EJ was still getting used to Martha. It wasn't like last time, where Rose was there before him, and he was the intruder, so-to-speak. This time, there was someone new, and all EJ wanted, so much of the time, was to be with the Doctor alone. Even though it probably wasn't the best timing, the Thompson boy was more than glad when Martha decided to stay with Tallulah.

Cosmo || Doctor Whoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें