The Well

A/n: hey guys! I know it's been awhile. I spent some time rereading my stuff and collecting my ideas again. Some things might be different with the like magic wise stuff but believe me I'm going to do better at updating this one.

Eugene and Rapunzel stood banging on the Captain's door with Pascal right on the princess' shoulder. Varian and (Y/n) stood a few feet away. His blue eyes were full of worry as his girlfriend's arms were wrapped around her stomach. The nausea becoming worse by the minute for the girl.

"Captain! We really need to talk!" Rapunzel yelled. Owl flew down onto the railing of the small porch just as the door opened revealing the man himself.

"Look, we know about the fountain." Rapunzel said. The Captain looked both ways before crawling out of his hut. "And I know this is really hard to hear, but..." The captain ignored them as he started to walk away.

"Something really bad is coming if you don't take that wish back right now!" Eugene practically yelled. The captain stood with his back to the couple. Eugene took his chance to point out Varian and (Y/n) to the man.

"(Y/n) is even trying to hold in her own vomit from how bad that thing is! If that's not a sign, then I don't know what is!" Eugene said. Varian had glanced down at his girlfriend and gently started rubbing her back trying to help soothe her. It did little to ease the nausea, but something was better than nothing.

"It's worth the price." The captain stated without any regret in his voice. "But the magic on this island nearly did us in. You cannot take that risk!" Rapunzel pleaded with the man. "She's right. The magic on this island is stronger than you'd know." Varian added.

"I have to. It's my only hope. Rapunzel, when I said I stopped looking for Cassandra, I lied." The captain said with regret in his eyes. "I traveled tirelessly in search of my daughter. And then...I found her. She was filled with a rage I have never seen. That person wasn't Cassandra. So you see, this is the only way I can fix my mistakes." The Captain explained.

"Captain, please! We are out of time! It's almost sundown!" Rapunzel tried to stop him when the ground started shaking. The feeling of the ground shaking made (Y/n) cover her mouth and hunch down onto the ground. "Milady!" Varian's voice was laced in worry as he knelt down next to her. His gloved hands immediately going to hold her hair back. The witch took a few deep breaths before a groan left her mouth.

"God I really don't like this island." (Y/n) said just as the ground stopped shaking. "If it means anything, I've never been more attracted to someone who's trying not to puke up their guts." Varian said trying to lighten the mood, and it worked. (Y/n) let out a soft giggle before her eyes met up with Varian's blue ones.

"You really know how to make a girl swoon, don't you, Sapphires?" (Y/n) said with a slight smile which was quickly returned.

"Captain, you don't understand. Only you can take your wish back. If you don't take that coin out of the fountain, the Lorb magic will turn on you." Rapunzel said as she knocked at the captain's door once again.

"Blondie, I think that ship has sailed." Eugene said and a soft hoot caught everyone's attention. "I recognize that bird." Eugene said as he spotted a familiar bird.

"Ugh...that's a lot of birds." Varian said as he carefully started to pull (Y/n) up from the ground. "Birds?" She asked rubbing her eyes. The black sludges of creatures flickered back and forth from a brown bird to the monsters she saw before. "Huh...I guess it is birds." She said tilting her head to the side trying to get her vision to focus.

"Hello." One of the birds said as it turned to face the group. The bird looked exactly how Cassandra looked when she and the others were transformed into birds. "Hello." Another one said before they all turned to the group with glares.