Chapter 6 - That's Hot

I continued crying over Megan's body until somebody pried me from it with difficulty. They embraced me into their chest and I wept into it tightly. After several minutes, I finally pushed them away, and looked up to see who it was with tears still hovering in my eyes. It was Wesker, and he looked deeply concerned.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry--" he tried to apologize.

"Sorry doesn't cut it," I managed to breathe between soft cries. "You made me kill my best friend."

Wesker's eyebrows raised with surprise, his eyes still hidden behind those sunglasses. "What?"

I sniffled and wiped my nose, then tried to stand up. "If you know so much about me, then you wouldn't have fucked this up," I shot at him bitterly, trying to push him away. He wouldn't let go.

As other doctors and guards gathered around us, Wesker shooed them all away and led me out of the room and back to my living quarters. He sat me on the bed and retrieved a med kit, sitting next to me as he opened it carefully. Patching my gunshot wounds and wiping whoever's blood was all over my face, he tried to explain how he wasn't aware of my social life. I didn't respond.

Finishing with the first wound I had received, the shot in my shoulder, Wesker hunched his back to be at my eye level as we sat together.

"Y/N. You must talk to me. I promise I had no intention of this. However, I hope it offers some sort of comfort that you had exceeded my expectations for the test."

"That doesn't help shit," I snapped, grinding my molars with anxiety. "I had just lost control and killed a group of innocent people."

"That is not your fault," Wesker explained, clearly distraught. "Uroboros brings out unsavory bloodthirsty tendencies. When placed in a fight or flight situation, the result is fight. As for your friend... that was a factor I hadn't foreseen."

I refused to utter another word to this insensitive asshole. He knew this virus would make me kill. He knew I'd be another B.O.W to sell to God-knows-who. I turned away from Wesker and simply thumped on my side onto the bed, curling up into a defensive ball. My tears shifted direction and began to slide down my face sideways. I heard Wesker sigh, and the weight of the bed shifted as he stood and left.

"I will have somebody bring you a change of clothes. Take a shower. I will try to make things right," Wesker called to me as he walked out the door.

"Nothing can make it right," I muttered to myself. "You only treat anyone with 'kindness' if you deem them special in some way... which is being a freak."

༻︶𓏶︶༺

I took the time to clean myself up and go to sleep, exhausted after the fight. When I woke up, one of the doctors entered and informed me that I had slept for two days. He handed me a box of chocolates, explaining how they were from Wesker. Knowing this was him slowly trying to get me to settle down, I threw them away, albeit regretfully. The food I'm given isn't flavorful, so chocolate would be like a delicacy. However... I won't accept a single gift Wesker gives me.

Another day passed and I hadn't seen Wesker yet. Doctors would still routinely stop by, but this day they gave me a journal and pencils. I began documenting my day and my feelings, and overall just venting to this notebook. The twisting, thorny vines of guilt still tangled my emotions, occasionally causing me to start crying over what I had done, but I found that the journal works best.

It began to dawn on me as I reflected on my past interactions with Wesker just how much power I hold over him. I'm the first successful Uroboros subject, and he values me greatly and would do anything to keep me happy and healthy. Ideas came and went, as I toiled over whether or not I should exploit this detail. I started developing a rather sickening plan of some form of suicide but realized the pointlessness of it.