6: The Bond Part-II

Here it is~

"Omega Jeon jungkook, do you take Alpha Kim taehyung as your mate and pledge to be with him till your last breath?"

Jungkook closed his eyes, the grip on his hand tightening very slightly. In a fraction of second, millions of thoughts
and visions swarmed in front of his eyes. Disdain, confusion, fear, hurt, yearning, guilt, so many emotions were flowing through him, his heart throbbing in his chest so hard that he could hear his own heart beats. Through those millions of visions, the one that truly stopped in front his eyes was of his father, his sweet father. The man who did everything for him, who raised him, taught him everything single-handedly, trusted him even after everything, when even he couldn't trust himself. If his father believed in him, against all the odds, the least he could do is trust his father now. With that final thought he opened his cerulean blue eyes and spoke up in a confident voice.

"I, Omega Jeon Jungkook take Alpha Kim taehyung to be by mate, I pledge to be with him and fulfil all my responsibilities as his mate, till my last breath."

Taehyung let out a breath he didn't know he was holding in.

The priestess moved towards taehyung, next.

" Alpha Kim Taehyung, do you take Omega Jeon Jungkook as your mate and pledge to be with him till your last breath"

Taehyung knew, without a doubt what his answer would be, he was ready to die for his people and his family, a mating ceremony was much lesser than that, but was kim taehyung ready for that?

He sucked in a breath, subconsciously relaxing at the existing scent of raspberries and patchouli in the air. He could smell it clearly because of the proximity between him and the omega.
He couldn't go back now, and that tiniest flicker of hope that ignited in the presence of the intoxicating scent forced him to push the next words out of his chest.

"Yes, I, Alpha Kim taehyung and the Head Alpha of Erinth take Omega Jeon jungkook as my mate and Luna of Erinth".

Taehyung's voice resonated through the hall and jungkook knew what was coming next. The kiss. It was like an unspoken rule. But taehyung's next actions surprised him. Instead of moving towards his face, taehyung took his hand in his own and pressed his lips to the back of his hand. The crowd erupted into cheers. Jimin made a vague and embarrassing attempt to whistle. Hoseok tried to stiffle a laugh while watching him but was instantly clammed shut as jimin sent him a death glare. And yoongi was watching both of them with an amused glint in his eyes.

"Now you both need to direct your energies towards this moon stone , in order to equally signify them, as a part of the ritual, of the mating ceremony of the keeper of shadows and the bringer of light, that takes place once in centuries."