CHAPTER 14

I sit in awe, with my mouth hanging open, still on her desk. Melissa backs away and smiles at me, her magical eyes warm and full.

'Fuck' I mutter

'Language.' She warns

'Best birthday present ever' I take a deep breath in and scratch my neck. 

Melissa lets out the softest laugh I've ever heard in my life, and my heart swells. She just fucking kissed me. We just kissed. Me and Miss McDonald. Our lips pressed against eachothers. Moving so in sync, her lips on mine. I cross my legs just thinking about it. 

'Melissa. Does this mean you like me.' I gave her a lopsided smile and she looks at me and laughs

'I guess' She rolls her eyes playfully. I love it when she does that.

She takes a step towards me and runs a finger over my wound, making me shiver. Then she takes a lock of my hair and hooks it around my ear, pressing her forehead against mine.

'I've liked you since I met you, Lils.' She admits. Her breath is warm on my face.

'The second I lay my eyes on you, I was hooked.' I whisper.

This makes her cheeks flush and I watch as she smiles shyly. I just kissed my english teacher. 

'Obviously this is not to go anywhere. You tell anyone you will lose me forever.' She gets into teacher mode.

I nod and raise an eyebrow, she's stating the obvious...

'Pinky promise?' She offers me a pinky finger, which I take in mine.

I lean down and kiss my hand, nudging her to do the same. After she's done so, I pout my lips for her.

'To make sure the promise is secure!' I tease, raising an eyebrow. She obeys and kisses me on the lips, lingering here for a moment, before pulling away, our fingers still connected.

A phone buzzes somewhere in the room and Melissa fishes hers out of her bag. The screen reads:

MR FINCH (HM)

Melissa pulls a scared face and mouths 'headmaster' to me. She picks up the phone and innocently speaks into the mic.

'Hi, Mr Finch... yes, I was there...I'm with her now...I don't know' She speaks in an unusually high voice.

She covers the mic and asks:

'What lesson do you have next?'

'French.' I state

'French, she has French...okay, thank you, I'll tell her now...See you in a minute Bradley' She rolls her eyes as she hangs up the phone.

'Bradley?' I raise an eyebrow

'Yes, Bradley. Bradley wants me and you in his office in 10 minutes. You're lucky you have me, lily, this could get you expelled' She warns me.

'Oops.' Is all I say.

She shakes her head and slots her phone into her pocket, turning to look at me.

'I am lucky I have you, Mels' I add, making her turn away so I don't see her smiling at my flirting.

'Shut it you' She mutters.

I stand up off the desk and grab her shoulders, spinning her around to face me. Putting one hand under her chin and one hand on her waist, I pull her into a gentle kiss. She almost has to stand on her tiptoes. I relax into her and put my head in the crook of her neck, embracing her in my arms. She sighs and I feel her loosen.