CHAPTER 9

A beautiful blonde stands in front of me, shivering in the rain, her thin coat soaked through. The rain pattered onto the pathway, marking out her route. She looked up from under her coat and her green eyes stared into mine.

'Hi' She squeaked

'Melissa? What are you doing here?' I stand in the doorway in awe.

I think twice of my position and move out of the way.

'Come in, dry off' I wasn't asking.

She gives me a smile and steps in, then I notice she's not covered in just water, but she's muddy too.

'How on earth did you get so dirty?' I flick her hood off her head, revealing her soft skin. Her hair sticks to her face from the water. I hook it behind her ear as I hold the eye contact.

She walks over to my sink and wrings her hair out, an entire cup full spills out of it. She gives me a small grimace as she undoes her coat, dirt practically dripping off of her. I take her coat and put it in the washing machine. She shivers and leans over, passing me my jumper that she had washed for me. It was bone dry. She must've put it under her t-shirt. I leave it on the side and run upstairs quickly, getting a dirty towel to hold the water. I pat her down so no more is dripping and grab her hand.

'Come on, you. Use my shower.'

She protested, slightly pulling away, but I gripped her hand and looked at her, raising my eyebrows.

'Thank you' She mumbled.

Her teeth chattered despite the heating being on, which worried me. I brought her into the bathroom and handed her a clean towel.

I showed her how the shower worked and she watched intently. As I lay my hand on the doorknob to leave, she grabbed my hand and looked at me sweetly.

'Please stay?' She whispered.

My heart fell into my stomach as I felt myself agreeing. I sat down on the toilet seat and squeezed my eyes shut. I heard her laughing as she pulled her shirt over her head.

'You can look now idiot'

I peeled my eyes open to see her with the dirty towel wrapped around her. Her hair was on top of her head in a bun, she looked incredible. I was surprised she couldn't hear my heart beating. She made a noise and told me to close my eyes again as she got in the shower, and pulled the curtain across.

She let out a squeal as the water came out and landed on her skin.

'Lily it's fucking freezing' She screamed.

I burst out laughing as I rolled up my sleeve, putting my hand into the slip in the curtain. I turned the hot tap to the side and hear a satisfied groan come from my English teacher.

My english teacher. That's who she is.

I bury my head in my hands and run my fingers through my hair. She eventually finishes in the shower and puts her hand out for the towel. I give it to her, our hands overlap.

Being the respectful girl I am, I left the bathroom and went into my bedroom, waiting for her return. After scrolling on my phone for a few seconds, the head of blonde hair appeared in my doorway, her face all red from the heat.

Her shoulders shone with cleanliness, droplets of water lingered on her neck. Her defined collarbone made my mouth dry. She walked towards me and I noticed I had given her a small towel. Her legs looked sleek and inviting. I let my glance fixate on her thighs as I dragged my eyes up her exposed skin. Her arms held the towel delicately, one hand fixed the position of her hair, the other lay on her hip. Finally looking up at her face, her gaze was on me. She had the corner of her lip between her teeth and her eyes were dark.