CHAPTER 10

THE NEXT MORNING

I wake up to an unfamiliar sweet smell and sit upright. I look around and remember where I am.

On the floor, in my own room. I glance up and notice Melissa is gone. I swiftly check my phone. The time reads 11:34AM I haven't slept so well for so long in ages. Must've been the fact I was on the floor...

I check myself over quickly, brushing my teeth too, before I head downstairs. I walk down a few steps and stop in my tracks. I hear multiple voices downstairs.

My mum.

I tiptoe to the bottom step and peek round the corner. My mum is stood at the island holding the kettle, pouring water into two mugs.

I hear Melissa singing along to the song playing on the radio. I peek around the corner even further to see her flipping a pancake at the stove, as if my mum isn't stood behind her. She turns around and smiles hugely at my mum, who's now holding up a small plate. Melissa then slides the pancake onto her plate and starts another one.

I trod into the room as if I hadn't been there for the past 5 minutes.

'She's risen!' My mum yells

Melissa's head snaps to my direction and she wears the sweetest smile on her face.

'Morning mum...I thought you weren't back for a while?'

'I got bored. I'm home now. I'm happy I am, if I wasn't I never would've run into this lovely woman wearing your clothes!'

I groan and send Mels an apology with my eyes. She simply giggles into her hands.

'Sorry mum. This is Melissa, my-'

'Girlfriend, I know. She's told me all about it don't you worry! I didn't know you liked slightly older women Lily!'

I groan even louder then and bury my head in my hands. I feel a warm hand on my back and a kiss is pressed into my collarbone. Goosebumps rise on my skin and my heart rate quickens.

'Do you want one baby?' Melissa asks.

'Please, beautiful.' I don't miss a beat.

She holds eye contact with me as she slips the pancake onto a plate. She pushes the plate towards me and turns the hob off. I eat her creation and moan into the first bite. It's like a cloud. I see Melissa's eyes widen at the noise I make.

I finish the food and dismiss myself into my room. I pull a face at Melissa, telling her to come upstairs too.

I sit on my bed and wait for her. She opens the door and peeks in, seeing me sat on the bed, she joins me.

'Baby?' I raise an eyebrow

'Beautiful?' She raises an eyebrow

'At least I didn't lie' I shoot back

She goes red and turns away.

'You told my mum we are dating.'

'Yes. I did. You should've seen her face light up.' She smiles when remembering the reaction.

Seeing her smile about it makes me smile. I lean back onto the bed and drag her down with me.

'Was it not a massive scare when you woke up and saw my mum downstairs?' I ask

'No, not really, I just played it off like I was meeting my girlfriends mum for the first time.'

This made me laugh and I clutched my stomach. Her phone buzzes from the side and I pick it up to give it to her. I take a look at the screen and see the name 'Dan' showing up.

Yes, Miss?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें