Chapter 3

We finally made it to the courthouse after some time. Apparently, this boy was being kept in their underground cellars. We headed straight downstairs, and we were greeted by two guarding soldiers.

"State your names and business." One ordered.

"My name is Erwin Smith, Commander of the Survey Corps. Section Commander Hange, Captain Levi and Doctor Zaki. We're here about the titan shifter." Erwin explained.

"Do you have permission from our Commander?"

"Yes, in fact, I'll have him notified of our arrival. Hange, could you do that for me?" Erwin requested.

"Huh?! But I wanna see the titan boy!" Hange whined.

"Just hurry it up four eyes." Levi retorted.

"See you later Hange." I waved.

Hange nodded her head and sadly waltzed away.

"Let's go." Erwin said, as we continued walking.

Another door was open, and I felt chilly from the cold air that resided within. There were cells along both walls with people inside. They had the looks of malice. I tried to avoid looking at them, but I felt their gazes on me.

We approached another door which was opened for us. There was just a single cell. We slowly approached it and inside was a single bed and the boy sleeping in it. He was shackled to the walls. I took a step closer to the bars and I tried to make out what he looked like. Then it hit me. I released a gasp and took a step forward.

"Eren?!" I blurted out.

"You know him?" Levi questioned.

"Yes sir... Eren Yeager. Doctor Yeager's son. But I don't understand, why is he here? He can't possibly be a titan shifter." I staggered, as I felt very confused.

"You had no idea?"

"None."

Eren started to move around as he began to wake up. I took a few steps back until my back was touching the wall. Erwin took a seat in the chair next to him and Levi leaned against the wall.

Eren let out a gasp when he opened his eyes and saw where he was. He saw the shackles on his wrists as he questioned where he was.

"Any questions?" Erwin spoke up, grabbing his attention.

Eren was speechless as his gaze was all over the place. His attention was then on me which surprised him the most.

"(y-y/n)?! I... Where... Where am I?" Eren questioned, once again looking at his surroundings.

"I think it's obvious, let's just call it a dungeon. You are currently in the custody of the Military Police; we were granted permission to see you only just now." Erwin explained, as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a key. A very familiar key. Eren gasped once more when he realised.

"Where'd you get that?!" Eren questioned.

"From you. Don't worry you'll get it back. Let's talk home; specifically, the good doctor's home back in Shiganshina. Pretty big secret in there, right? About the titans?" Erwin wondered.

Huh? But Eren's father was a medical doctor like me, what would he have anything to do with titans?

"Yeah, I think so. That's what dad said anyway." Eren replied.

What's so important about that key? Clearly Grisha gave it to him for a reason.

"Must suck losing your dad and your memory and having my aid unless that's just a cover story." Levi spoke up.